cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer acting as a middle man with a complaint history and fake addressees names

A sole proprietor (according to Tax Center) who is a middle man on ebay, made multiple purchases to different addresses. What caught my attention that all orders had names in format such as Mike Mike, Mary Mary...when googled the addresses, no residents with even first names were detected there.

When I checked what he leaves to sellers (he has 30K feedback), it was quite shocking-complains that never received, never shipped, etc - all RED. Sellers responded that he was lying or wanted free despite delivered. Obviously, this dude is abusing the platform (he pays from his funds, and then files cases despite buyers never ask for their money).

I asked him to provide correct names, so my packages won`t be returned due to invalid addressees. He called me an idiot and asked to cancel. On request to cancel the orders, he refused to do so.

My question: why is he not requesting to cancel and what is the difference if I cancel. What about FB-can he leave it when I cancel from my side?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@worldwidetreausures wrote:

I asked him to provide correct names, so my packages won`t be returned due to invalid addressees. He called me an idiot and asked to cancel. On request to cancel the orders, he refused to do so.

My question: why is he not requesting to cancel and what is the difference if I cancel. What about FB-can he leave it when I cancel from my side?

Looks like he did ask to cancel.

Cancel the order as buyer requested and add the ID to your blocked buyers list.

Buyers can only ask to have order canceled, the seller has to cancel it.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, he did ask to cancel. But I thought there was an option when a buyer can request to cancel from his side, and then a seller can accept or deny it? Is it not available anymore?

And what about FB? Can a buyer leave it after cancellation?

Btw, just checked his "business model" - he offers other ebay sellers items on Walmart and other platforms under his user name. Is it even legal? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@worldwidetreausures wrote:

Yes, he did ask to cancel. But I thought there was an option when a buyer can request to cancel? Is it not available anymore?

And what about FB? Can a buyer leave it after cancellation?

Btw, just checked his "business model" - he offers other ebay sellers items on Walmart and other platforms under his user name. Is it even legal? 

Buyer can only cancel within a short time period, I believe two hours. Otherwise only the seller can cancel. 

Yes a buyer can leave FB after an order was canceled. That is to prevent sellers from auto canceling for no reason, not that you are doing this but it still applies....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

He asked me to cancel after refusing to provide full address/addressee in less than an hour though, so he definitely could do that.

That was my question-if he was the one, who would had initiated the cancellation, could he not leave FB and instead wanted me to do it, so he can leave it?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply