cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Selected Shiping

I keep running into problems where this shipping options given to me don't match what I selected.  And I keep seeing "Buyer Selected" Shipping that does not jive with the item and what I've already selected.  I measure and weight my package, 9lbs. 8 oz.  10"x10"'15" and selected USPS GROUND.  After the sale and payment is received I am ready to ship and see the shipping options are NOT GROUND.  It says "Buyer Selected" USPS priority flat rate envelope.  This item does not ship in an envelope and if I select that shipping, the post office will give me a problem.  Last time this happened they told me they will charge my account if there is a difference in weight and that it was a problem because the label was for an envelope and it was a box package.  Now I am ready to ship this package and do not see USPS parcel select Ground!

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Buyer Selected Shiping

@Anonymous 

Item: 202684777960 

Buyerxxxxxxx
SelectedUSPS Parcel Select Ground

"USPS Parcel Select Ground" is not offered to me on the new shipping page, or on the bulk shipping page.
I'll just use paypal shipping instead.
Message 31 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Make sure you select custom box otherwise it will only give the priority boxes, tis be something new because I had the same issue but once I selected custom box it gave me every option

ty

Message 32 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

custom box is checked. still no USPS Parcel Select Ground option.
Message 33 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nsuter wrote:

@Anonymous 

Item: 202684777960 

Buyerxxxxxxx
SelectedUSPS Parcel Select Ground

"USPS Parcel Select Ground" is not offered to me on the new shipping page, or on the bulk shipping page.
I'll just use paypal shipping instead.

Hi @nsuter, thank you so much for sharing these details. I've tested this out and can confirm that this is a known issue that our tech teams are working on currently. The USPS Parcel Select Ground option should be available on the label printing page, and I've added your details to the open investigation. I don't have an expected time frame for a fix to share at this time, but will let you know if I need anything else. 

Message 34 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Just sold an item "Buyer selected USPS Parcel Select Ground", however this shipping option is not listed as an option. Item 202788224831.
Message 35 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

When I go to the shipping sectino of the completed listing, Parcel Select Ground is the first of two shipping options.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 9.02.25 PM.png

Message 36 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

@nsuter wrote:
Just sold an item "Buyer selected USPS Parcel Select Ground", however this shipping option is not listed as an option. Item 202788224831.

@nsuter 

Go to paypal.com/shipnow to create the shipping label if eBay isn't giving you the option to buy a Parcel Select label.

@Anonymous 

Here's another seller to add to the open ticket.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 37 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@nsuter wrote:

@nsuter 

Go to paypal.com/shipnow to create the shipping label if eBay isn't giving you the option to buy a Parcel Select label.

@Anonymous 

Here's another seller to add to the open ticket.

Hi @wastingtime101, thanks for touching base. I'll get this reported!

Message 38 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @wastingtime101, thanks for touching base. I'll get this reported!

Not sure if this is another instance of the same problem, but please see my screenshot in post 7 of this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-Selected-Shipping/m-p/31044040#M1614617

As of now, this is still happening with my Standard Shipping listings. They are coming up as "Buyer Selected Priority Mail", when that option was not offered on the listing.

Message 39 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Hello...EBay wants you to use Priority, so they don’t make “Parcel Select” option very obvious. But it is there.  I use it all the time now, but had to look for it at first.  When you are creating a listing and go to the DELIVERY menu...Parcel Select Is at the very top of the USPS selections. So arrow up and you should see it.  That and First Class are the cheapest way to go.

Message 40 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

Prices for Parcel Select and the online rate for Priority Mail are almost the same. For Zones 1 - 4, Priority costs literally 10 cents more, and of course it comes with insurance and maybe a free box. Top Rated Sellers get a 3% discount on Priority Mail, so it's often cheaper than Parcel Select. Here are the current rates, for comparison:

Priority online to 7 pounds 2020.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.50.27 PM.png

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Message 41 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone. I received an update about this. Parcel Select Ground is only available for purchase at USPS physical locations, which is why there isn't an option to buy it through the eBay label platform. Sellers that want to use this service can have it as an option on listings but they'll need to purchase the label at their local post office.

I agree that the wording "Buyer selected ..." is confusing when it refers to a service the buyer did not select. I'm going to pass this insight over to the shipping team to see if some improvements can be made for situations where a buyer select Parcel Select Ground.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 42 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

brian@ebay 

Brian, you need a new information source.

Parcel Select Ground is an online service. It is not available at the physical Post Office at all.  The retail equivalent is called Retail Ground. Both services used to be known as Parcel Post.  Sellers have been able to purchase Parcel Select Ground labels through eBay for many years.  USPS has not changed any of their policies related to this service.

Message 43 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

brian@ebay 

Brian, you need a new information source.

Parcel Select Ground is an online service. It is not available at the physical Post Office at all.  The retail equivalent is called Retail Ground. Both services used to be known as Parcel Post.  Sellers have been able to purchase Parcel Select Ground labels through eBay for many years.  USPS has not changed any of their policies related to this service.

@nobody*s_perfect good to know! Is it available online through USPS only, or should it be available through any online service (like ebay labels)? I want to be sure I'm armed with the correct information when I go back to our tech team 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 44 of 70
latest reply

Buyer Selected Shiping

It's available through all online postage sellers. It's NOT available through Click N Ship at usps.com, which only offers postage for Priority Mail and First Class packages.  And they charge the retail prices for those.

If you need ammunition, open up your PayPal account and go to www.PayPal.com/shipnow where you will see the option to purchase Parcel Select Ground postage in the drop-down menu for services. I'm not sure why you need new information; as noted above, eBay sellers have been purchasing Parcel Select postage on eBay for many years.

Message 45 of 70
latest reply