cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Changed Address to Another Country After Sale.

An item sold using the "Buy It Now" option that generated an auto-payment based on the buyer's Ebay/PP address in the USA. After it sold, I recieved a message from the buyer saying that PP has bypassed the address specification. Now the buyer wants the item sent to another address in Canada. Problem is the shipping cost within Canada is greater than the cost that was added to the original order for the USA address. Should I cancel the order and ask the buyer to input the correct address in their Ebay/PP? Any help would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If this happened to me, I would give the buyer two options.  (a) I would ship to the USA address, or (b) I would cancel the sale at their request.

But, I could not ship to the Canadian address because that is not how the item was purchased.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would cancel the order and choose the problem with their address for the reason (something like that). You are only supposed to ship to the address shown with the payment. If you ship anywhere else, you lose any help from ebay if seller files a claim.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

First off DO NOT DO IT. There has been a scam going around where purchases have been hacked and requests for a change of address sent.

Reply that you must ship to the address in the 'ships to' portion of the payment. Per eBay's and PayPal rules. 

Offer to refund the payment so they can change the address and repay. Tell them that the S/H will change as the calculator will take into account  the address they want it shipped to.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply