cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big frustrations with eBay shipping settings. Buyers from non-EU contries are able to pay EU costs..

Hello all

I have for a looong time had big frustrations with eBay. The problem is, that buyers are able to buy and pay for an item that does not have the buyers location specified on the shipping costs. I am from Denmark, I have specified that I will have world wide shipping with "ask for shippingprice" ("Kosten auf anfrage" and its called on the german site).

But it's not working.

I have specified 20euro for shipping within europe, and now the item is sold to a man in Russia...! this costs more than twice that price - and I have NOT specified anything for Russia.
See the attached picture.

Ebay support is hopeless, and I just get a lot of nonsense. The last what this:

"For the shipping cost if it's not enough it would be best to contact the buyer and let them know about the situation because they might be willing to add for the additional shipping charge if not then you can initiate in cancelling the transaction."

....this is ridicilius! They actually go against there own policy, and If I do it like this I will get negative feedback from the buyer - because of the fault on the ebay site.

I am SO angry because I can't solve this and I can't get ebay to response and accept this as a problem with the site.

Please help, what can I do? I can't sit and specify shippingcosts for all countries on the world and I will not set a shippingprice that is higher than necessarily.

Peter

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0