cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticated items - what does re-packaging look like leaving Authenticator?

Hi eBay Community!

This may be best directed to eBay staff.

My store sells a lot of Authenticated sneakers.  The two-way authentication is great piece of mind knowing that any returns will be validated on their way back to me.

I have noticed that in the rare case an item is returned due to a sizing issue, the item comes back in different packaging:

1) eBay branded, sneaker-specific box

2) eBay packing tape

3) no sign of any packing slips, coupons or Thank You notes I've included when originally shipped to buyer

Is this typical for all Authenticated shipping? Or just Authenticated returns?  

thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bluesebrian wrote:

Hi eBay Community!

My store sells a lot of Authenticated sneakers.  The two-way authentication is great piece of mind knowing that any returns will be validated on their way back to me.

I have noticed that in the rare case an item is returned due to a sizing issue, the item comes back in different packaging:

2) eBay packing tape

3) no sign of any packing slips, coupons or Thank You notes I've included when originally shipped to buyer

thanks

@bluesebrian  - yes ,that is typical.  There's a section in the FAQ for authentication that says they will get rid of any coupons/notes etc. basically anything that's not part of the shoes/manufacturer's packaging or materials.

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers-seller/

Can I include extra items in the box when I ship my sneakers?
Any items that don’t come directly from the manufacturer will be removed. This includes third party tags, marketing materials, and any forgotten or prohibited items.

They put them in an eBay branded box, with eBay branded tape and the shipping label even shows it comes from "eBay". There may be a card from eBay explaining the authenticity guarantee and in one box I got an eBay bag  too, but it's all about eBay in my experience with shoes I've received that passed through authentication, nothing about the specific seller.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Peace of mind *** 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@bluesebrian wrote:

Hi eBay Community!

2) eBay packing tape

thanks

@bluesebrian  - yes ,that is typical.  There's a section in the FAQ for authentication that says they will get rid of any coupons/notes etc. basically anything that's not part of the shoes/manufacturer's packaging or materials.

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers-seller/

Can I include extra items in the box when I ship my sneakers?
Any items that don’t come directly from the manufacturer will be removed. This includes third party tags, marketing materials, and any forgotten or prohibited items.

They put them in an eBay branded box, with eBay branded tape and the shipping label even shows it comes from "eBay". There may be a card from eBay explaining the authenticity guarantee and in one box I got an eBay bag  too, but it's all about eBay in my experience with shoes I've received that passed through authentication, nothing about the specific seller.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@bluesebrian wrote:

Thank you!  

You're welcome!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply