cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a seller I want to cancel the order

Hi guys 

Due to a big mistake in item cost, the buyer purchased the item for $1 while the actual cost is $71. Big difference!

I wote several emails to buyer requesting to cancel the order due to this mistake but no response at all. The delivery date should be tomorrow but I do nothing till now.

What should I do?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jksmilegate wrote:

I wote several emails to buyer requesting to cancel the order

What should I do?

Buyers can't cancel the order @jksmilegate you'll have to cancel yourself:

http://ebay.com/help/need/more/defects?id=4136

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@jksmilegate wrote:

I wote several emails to buyer requesting to cancel the order

What should I do?

Buyers can't cancel the order @jksmilegate you'll have to cancel yourself:

http://ebay.com/help/need/more/defects?id=4136

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks @dede394 for your reply.
But if I cancel, will that affect the performance level?

Please let me know.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If it's a Honest Mistake on your part then just Cancel the Order , Refund the Money and Be Done With IT !! Don't worry about anything else !! 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes you will  get a  defect on your selling account.  It was 100% your issue.  Once sold  an item and when I went to ship it some how it  was  damaged in storage (I know how but She who must be obeyed  didn't want to admit it).  I  cancelled the order  and took the hit.  Tried to appeal case to  eBay  as the buyer understood & clearly state so in a eBay message but  eBay played  hardball and  applied Gestapo tactics & flat out  didn't - hmm  What The Hades!! I said or something like that.  The defect  eventually  went away  after one year.  Life was good again!

GL

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

A sellers honest  mistake will earn a sellect defect  on their account!   That  is the answer to the  OP's question.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

By definition, you cannot have a "dishonest mistake". A mistake is an accident. Making an "error" on purpose is criminal.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks..
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ohhh

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

OK, which hurts more,

1) Seller cancelling and refunding upfront,

or

2) Seller simply fails to ship and waits for Buyer to file INR before refunding.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@jkichols01 wrote:

OK, which hurts more,

1) Seller cancelling and refunding upfront,

or

2) Seller simply fails to ship and waits for Buyer to file INR before refunding.

cancel and refund.  it is only one hit against you then.  don't ship and inr you get at least 2 hits.  and ebay hits hard lol, just look at my bruises! jk ... but really, look at my wallets bruises!  next eval i go back up to tsr if nothing else happens, 8 days lol.  because i took my own hit for cancelling 2 orders because (as above poster stated ... items were damaged in storage :(.  equals a year's higher fees.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Finally the buyer replied and informed me that he agreed to cancel the order.  He was very gentle. 

By this way I avoid the hits..😁

Bye.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@jksmilegate wrote:

Finally the buyer replied and informed me that he agreed to cancel the order.  He was very gentle. 

By this way I avoid the hits..😁

Bye.

You are the one that messed up the listing, you should be the one taking the hit.

You might want to check the policy about dropshipping from the river, which isn't allowed any more.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 13
latest reply