cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone getting delays with items shipped via "SpeedPak"?

I haven't gotten any update on an item shipped out via speedpak. The last update was on Friday (9/21) and was scanned " Destination DC Departure, CA".

I'm at the same state and it should've arrived at my local post office by now.

Anyone getting delays with items sent out by speedpak method recently?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Anyone getting delays with items shipped via "SpeedPak"?

I ordered an item on the 11th of October 2019 it left China very quickly and arrived in to customs on the 17th.

It then traveled to Greenwood IN which would be a hub for shipping to areas across the U.S. It then landed in Grapevine TX on the 24th another hub to distribute in the southern states. It has since been in Little Rock AR which is 5 minutes from Bryant it's destination since the 26th and has stopped tracking. USPS has not gotten the item and Informed Delivery states arrival time as Unknown as of the afternoon of the 28th. So far the entire process has gone without a hitch until it arrived in my home state. Usually my experience has been that when it arrives to local destination it is given a USPS tracking number and sent to the local USPS office. I will update if and or when it arrives but it seems to be more of a sorting/tracking issue than anything else. Even if it arrives by the 1st of November it would be one of the fastest packages I ever received from China.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Did you receive your item?
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Destination DC has nothing to do with Washington, DC.   DC means Distribution Center.  Packages from outside the US must first clear customs at the point of entry.   Packages are sent to a Distribution Center for sorting and are then shipped to another DC.   Distribution Centers are hubs around the country.  For example, there is a large DC in Greenwood, IN, near the Indianapolis airport.  DC Grapvine is near the Dallas-Fort Worth airport.  Packages normally spend no more than a day or two at any DC, but may go through 2 or 3 DCs.

SpeedPak is not responsible for what happens to a package once it is in the US, but you can sometimes track a SpeedPak package through a third party tracking system.  USPS does not track SpeedPak once they receive the package and therefore the package may show up at your door without prior USPS notification.    21 days from shipping to delivery is about normal for SpeedPak, longer if a holiday.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

I'm just guessing, but "Destination DC" may just mean Destination Distribution Center, from which it is then routed on the path that will EVENTUALLY get to you. I too have had no apparent movement for days after Destination DC, except when it shows up as DELIVERED once it actually has been, which does not help as to alert you when it hits your city post office so you can actually be on the lookout for it that day. So, if they say you received it, and you DON'T , that means it was misdelivered, or stolen from your mailbox. And if it NEVER shows as delivered, then it went into a black hole!

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Kjm,

I Have been waiting for some bicycle parts that I had ordered Oct. 18th and fall is slipping away from premiere riding.  The ship date was claimed to be "Nov. 5th - Nov. 15th.  The parcel tracking stopped last Nov. 8th at 12:14am in Sparks, Nevada and has not changed or has any kind of update.  I am only hoping that it will be delivered tomorrow (Nov. 15th).  Maybe the distribution center is just a big "sink hole" from past nuclear tests.  Do you know how long a customer should wait until there should be recourse?  I usually get responsive shipping action from Ebay.

-Frustrated!

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I've also ordered an Item through an Ebay Seller in China. It was shipped via speedPAK with a SpeedPAK tracking number. It took a few weeks and then arrived in my city and shows as delivered. I never received anything nor did the receptionist at the front desk (where all mail goes to). I contacted the seller and they are going by the speedPak tracking that says item was delivered, and if I'm having issues then I need to contact my post office. I contacted my USPS office and they told me that they cannot help me if there is not a USPS tracking number. I only have the speedPAK tracking number which my post office does not recognize. I tried to sign up for informed Delivery but my address is not eligible for it. I think this may be because its a city office building. So basically I don't have any way of obtaining the USPS tracking number, if any.  I've sent an email attempting to recover the USPS tracking number at the www.orangeconnex.com.cn/ site with no luck. Not sure what to do from here. Any Suggestions?

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Give it time.  I've had this experience with items ordered through EBay from China and Taiwan.  For some reason, one of my packages ended up in Korea!  I eventually got all of my orders, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Speedpak has got to be one of the worst shipping services I have ever used.  I would prefer E-packet.  I would gladly pay the extra money for it.  Speedpak is very roundabout in its' delivery.  It likes to take the scenic tour.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

What was the original tracking number?  Before the USPS put their own tracking number on it?  It should be in your EBay purchase history.  If you can find the original tracking number, go to 17track.com and type it in.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Hi!

Im also happen to be waiting for another package I ordered in China shipped via speedpak and it's been 8 days since its last update saying it arrived here in the U.S. on Nov10 and up to now theres no update again.

Im guessing for mine its sitting at the customs right now waiting to be processed and cleared.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

So come to find out, although both tracking numbers (speedpak and usps) showed as delivered. I never received anything. The tracking number email generated from ebay showed as being shipped to my work address. The seller insists that it was delivered but, to my home address. Post office says it went to a completely different address in my city aside from my work or home address. Spoke with a post office inspector and was informed that the package was returned to a neighboring city post office 5 miles from me. When I called that post office they stated that they have sent the item back to where it originated (china?) due to the fact that they did not have any delivery addresses to deliver it to. Funny thing is the seller keeps going back and forth with me insisting that I signed for it and it was delivered to my home address although I was at work during that time. Hoping Ebay steps in and refunds me.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@the_daymaker wrote:

So come to find out, although both tracking numbers (speedpak and usps) showed as delivered. I never received anything. The tracking number email generated from ebay showed as being shipped to my work address. The seller insists that it was delivered but, to my home address. Post office says it went to a completely different address in my city aside from my work or home address. Spoke with a post office inspector and was informed that the package was returned to a neighboring city post office 5 miles from me. When I called that post office they stated that they have sent the item back to where it originated (china?) due to the fact that they did not have any delivery addresses to deliver it to. Funny thing is the seller keeps going back and forth with me insisting that I signed for it and it was delivered to my home address although I was at work during that time. Hoping Ebay steps in and refunds me.

My advice to you is the same advice I gave in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/USPS-tracking-shows-delivered-to-my-mailbox-but-item-...

Do NOT assume eBay is going to do anything FOR you.  Watch out and DO for yourself!

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Thanks, I followed all the protocol you gave in that thread and was able to obtain a refund from Ebay!
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Glad it worked out for you!  Yippeee! Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

An item ordered from China arrived and has remained at Grapevine, TX (2 1/2 hours from me) for 6 days.  Why? This is utterly unacceptable.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

I am having the same exact issue with package being in Grapevine Texas since January 27th.... did you ever get yours??? Still no package delivery for me and am no where near grapevine.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply