cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody got the same experience from this seller?

I purchase the  item  hot towel warmer  for $61.74  , it got rusty and damage the towel so I request to return and get full refunds.

She reply me to pay $3 compensation  and asked me to go to local store to get fix. I still insist  to return.

Second reply pay $5compensation  and asked me to go to local store to get fix. Third reply is $10 and the fourth reply is $20. What the  hek goin on here? Does not make sense at all.  So I try to contact ebay to step in but still get to the  return page. I went to paypal and  submit the  request.

As I read her latest feedback look like most people got partial refunds as well.

Then so weird, ebay just come  up with this link for me to post for solution?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OP already opened a return request on eBay, didn't wait until they could escalate and then opened a return request on Paypal.  The OP is now, unfortunately, on the hook for the return postage.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You aren't allowed to name buyers or sellers on the forums so you should report your post to get that removed.

Did you open a return request on eBay?  If so, no matter how many "offers" the seller makes to settle the claim, you don't have to accept.  After a set time the seller MUST authorize or send you a return label, but you have to wait the full number of days.

Once you open a return request on Paypal your eBay request automatically closes.  With paypal YOU have to pay to ship it back and then ask Paypal to refund the shipping cost.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@thai-toku wrote:

She reply me to pay $3 compensation  and asked me to go to local store to get fix. I still insist  to return.

Second reply pay $5compensation  and asked me to go to local store to get fix. Third reply is $10 and the fourth reply is $20. What the  hek goin on here? Does not make sense at all.  So I try to contact ebay to step in but still get to the  return page. I went to paypal and  submit the  request.

Then so weird, ebay just come  up with this link for me to post for solution?

Shipping an item to China is incredibly expensive ... it costs practically nothing for a Chinese seller to ship to the United States (US-based shippers subsidize this gift with higher shipping rates), but on a return the Chinese seller would have to pay the full rate which could be $30 to $100.  It is cheaper for them to offer a partial refund.

That said, to return it you need to open up a return request.  The seller is not able to buy postage, so you need to give the seller a quote for trackable return shipping to their location in China ... they must provide either a shipping label or a refund to your PayPal account for this amount in 2-4 days.  If they do not, then escalate the return claim to eBay, stating that the seller refuses to accommodate return shipping.  The case should be closed in your favor, and your money refunded.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OP already opened a return request on eBay, didn't wait until they could escalate and then opened a return request on Paypal.  The OP is now, unfortunately, on the hook for the return postage.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the  info, I have open the case since last week.  Today is the last day I supposed to get the return label from seller. From ebay solution page  just lead me to the message board instead of contact page. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

From my postage label..the seller location is in Chino, California. Thanks for the  info.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@thai-toku 

Did you open a Paypal not as described claim?  IF YOU HAVEN'T DON'T.

Simply let the eBay claim play out and you will get your refund.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
latest reply