cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding tracking to a return

Return was authorized; I returned the item using my own carrier, not the ebay return label.  I want to add this tracking info to the return documents but can't figure out how to do it.  Ebay instructions say there is a drop down menu with carriers to choose from but there isn't one that I can find.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't believe you can add tracking to a return shipment when ebay issued you a label. 

Curious, why would you pay out of pocket to ship an item you got a free return label to use? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay instructions says you can add tracking if you don't use thier label:

If you didn't use an eBay return label, here's how to add tracking information to your return:

1. Go to your Purchase history and find the item in Returns and cancelled orders.
  2. Select View return details.
  3. Select Mark as sent.
  4. Select the carrier from the drop-down list, then enter the tracking number.

However, there is no drop down list that I can find.

It wasn't free.  Seller accepted return but buyer pays return shipping.  Ebay label was way more expensive than buying my own.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Right now, when I complete step 2, it goes to this screen, where I cannot mark the package as sent. It doesn't give me the option to do anything but pay for eBay shipping, which is prohibitively expensive in this case, presumably due to an error on the part of the seller. 

hlabounta406_0-1708985315297.png

How do I record the tracking information if I can't even mark that the return was sent? 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply