cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A GSP possible bug to watch out for

I submitted a question yesterday about a GSP order that did not appear as any other GSP order I have ever had. I checked again today and I could still see the buyer's address (not the GSP). This was an important sale for us so I contacted eBay to see if the transaction was processing properly. I was informed that after the sale the item became separated from the GSP. ?? The reason was that the buyer requested a total.

So basically eBay is telling me I can set the terms of my sale but, with a mouse click, the buyer can permanently change the terms of the sale and they can do nothing about it? Is that some fine print that I missed when I signed up for the GSP? If so, that would have been a deal killer right there. I chose the GSP because I did not want to deal with shipping certain items internationally.

While waiting for a supervisor to call back I went back through the GSP information and found nothing like this. I was also told that a sale can be removed from the GSP if the seller sends an invoice. A few years ago, before I understood the process, I tried to send an invoice and was blocked from doing so. So, has that changed? If so they need to make that information easier to find.

The supervisor I talked to was professional and very apologetic. However my only options were to ship the item or cancel the sale and contact the buyer to request they try again and not deviate from the GSP rules. Not sure why those rules would allow the buyer to request a total.  I was told that he would submit a technical request to see if there was something they need to fix.   Hopefully I was given correct information.  Meanwhile, back to the listings

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That is correct: Ever since its contraception, a buyer can request a total/request an invoice (not at eBay Checkout, but elsewhere) to attempt to have its purchase shipped DDU directly overseas, rather than DDP with the higher-cost GSP detour.

This option is intended by design, not an error, and as indicated, it's just an attempt, which the seller can countermand.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ok.. but does that void the GSP option?  That is what I'm being told that does not seem right

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I would see if you can cancel the sale based on a problem with the buyers address since you only agreed to send the item to Kentucky not out of the country. Maybe you could cancel for the buyer asking for something additional (not offered) in your listing. Worth a try.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes... that was the only solution eBay could offer.  Just seems to me to be a poorly crafted service if something like that can happen  0.02

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It's my understand that a gsp buyer cannot request a total. It was possible when the program first started but  I believe that they changed that quite a while ago.    I'm curious as to how that would happen though...which country in the buyer in and which item is it?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@dare-2046 wrote:

That is correct: Ever since its contraception, a buyer can request a total/request an invoice (not at eBay Checkout, but elsewhere) to attempt to have its purchase shipped DDU directly overseas, rather than DDP with the higher-cost GSP detour.

This option is intended by design, not an error, and as indicated, it's just an attempt, which the seller can countermand.

You said that they can't request an invoice through checkout but elsewhere....how else can they ask for an invoice?  For a domestic buyer it can be requested after a buyer clicks on buy it now and the seller doesn't have ipr enabled but I've found that ebay doesn't usually offer that option to buyers.  I'm in Canada and haven't seen the 'commit to buy' option from a US sellers in a few years.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

bids.jpg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply