cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
7 REPLIES 7

2022 Holiday Shipping Schedules & Surcharges

The only thing that has been crossing my mind is, how will shipping via USPS go this year and when will shipments start being delayed? Seems almost inevitable. 

Anything expensive I always ship UPS regardless. About $100 is the max I trust USPS with. UPS does a decent job of overstaffing with holiday/temp workers to get the job done. 

I reckon I will start keeping a close eye on shipments starting about mid November.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Those charges are bogus and a rip off.   People need to start moving Christmas around to other months.  Getting the pope on board might not be as easy.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Canada Post

Any other Canadian carriers we should add to this thread @pjcdn2005?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

The only thing that has been crossing my mind is, how will shipping via USPS go this year and when will shipments start being delayed? Seems almost inevitable. 

Last year was much better than expected. Significant delays were minimal, mostly seen out of a handful of cities/sorting centers.

Delays hit with anything shipped Thanksgiving week. Stuff you ship before Thanksgiving that isn't delivered by Wednesday is going to get caught up in the mass of packages. That's when it starts every year.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Canada Post

Any other Canadian carriers we should add to this thread @pjcdn2005?

Most of use Canada Post but here is the schedule for UPS Canada.

https://www.theupsstore.ca/holiday-shipping-dates-2021/

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. That's the 2021 schedule. I looked for 2022 but didn't immediately find it. Might not be posted yet.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

They finally posted some 2022 deadlines for UPS Canada:
https://www.theupsstore.ca/holiday-shipping-dates-2022/

Message 8 of 8
latest reply