cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS package acceptance pending for two days now?

Hi there. 

I purchased an item over the weekend and the seller shipped it out on the 9th. Since then, the only updates are that it has been accepted by USPS pending approval @ 12:13pm on Monday, September 9th. Based on my understanding, it's common for Ebay sellers to send out a scan sheet with multiple items, so is it possible that my item somehow missed the scan? 

I'm not really too worried since the ETA isn't until the 17th. But I only live about 6 hours away from where the seller is located. I was just curious as to what step in the shipping process this as the tracking number was provided and it said the item has been shipped. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

i wouldn't worry about it .  i've mailed plenty of items that seem to go unscanned for a bit and then catch up at some point.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It happens that sometimes USPS fails to do all the physical scans of a package as it travels along to the destination.

Nothing to be overly concerned about at this point in time.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I went ahead and contacted the seller. They said they shipped out the item. Still stuck on package pending acceptance on the USPS website, but in transit on the Google page for tracking numbers. I did sign up for text notifications but nothing since the package pending approval. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Alas!  Too much is often made of tracking scans or the lack of them.  If the item hasn't arrived by the final day of the estimated delivery period you can file an INR dispute the next day.  Sitting around worrying about a scan isn't good for the digestion so I would just ignore it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

i wouldn't worry about it .  i've mailed plenty of items that seem to go unscanned for a bit and then catch up at some point.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply