cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two eBay buyer accounts, one purchase

Okay so I need some advice.

I've never had an issue selling things before. I'm trying to sell an iPhone which was purchased overnight. I have already recieved the money from them. However about an hour after the purchase, I recieved a message from a different eBay account that states that he bought the iPhone for his girlfriend and needs me to send it to a different address. The different address is only 20 minutes from my house which I found odd and about 2000 miles from the actual address listed on the Paypal account. Is this a scam that's been happening? I'm assuming people look for recently bought items and then send a message to the seller stating they were the one that purchased it. I don't get why someone would use two different accounts to buy an item and then send a message.

I told the one account that I need shipping confirmation from the Ebay account that made the actual purchase, then I sent a message to the correct account asking them to confirm. Waiting for a response from either, but I'm unsure what to do. Should I just cancel the order since I'm super suspicious?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Looks like this is definitely a scam. The actual ebay purchaser got back to me and gave the address listed on the paypal account. So I guess look out for people messaging after the fact trying to get free items sent to them slight_frown

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The person that messaged you is trying to scam you out of your phone.

Did you check your Pay Pal account to make sure the buyer actually paid?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My advice is never to respond at all to someone other than the ID you sold to and ONLY send it to the buyer's verified address.  If anything, I would suggest reporting that account (and blocking them) for fraudulent activity. 

Yes, it is a scam.  Did they send the message through ebay or just via email?  If ebay, report and block the one requesting a change in shipping address.  If email, report it for spam.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yep, the money is in my paypal account. I verified with the actual purchaser so everything is good. It's just crazy I've never had something like this happen but shouldn't be surprised with a high priced item.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It was through eBay so I will definitely report them. Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is a scam. ONLY ship to the address in the PayPal payment lsited AND make sure you have been paid ,log into PayPal and see if the money is there. Get ready for your SNAD claim too. They will hold you hostage for a partial if your phone is any good.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply