cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This tracking make sense?

After it was put in P.O. Box, it is in transit to the destination and on it's way.  Good grief. It was already delayed and didn't update for over 24 hours and now this crazy update. I sure hope it makes it.

First it arrived at destination and 10 minutes later it left the destination and now it's in P.O. box and has left the P.O. box. lol

November 17, 2017, 9:58 am
In Transit to Destination
On its way to NORTH WOODSTOCK, NH 03262 
The item is currently in transit to the destination as of November 17, 2017 at 9:58 am. It is on its way to NORTH WOODSTOCK, NH 03262.

November 17, 2017, 9:23 am
Available for Pickup
NORTH WOODSTOCK, NH 03262 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe somebody set their scanner to the wrong status message.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Maybe somebody set their scanner to the wrong status message.

Thanks. You're right. Evidently they mis-scanned. In order for the item to show delivered, for Ebay purposes, I have to call that post office and speak with the delivery supervisor to ask them to mark as delivered. It's a pain and I hope that post office picks up.

I used not to accept buyers from P.O. boxes. lol but all said I was crazy because they've never had issues. I recently changed to accepted P.O. boxes and this is my first experience.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just called the post office. I guess it's a small town. They knew the person I sold it too and said she doesn't pick up till about 3pm and it will show delivered then. I could have sworn I was told that once an iitem hits the P.O. Box it should show delivered but according to this lady, it won't show delivered until the person picks it up. That was why I didn't sell to P.O. boxes because when it delivers to person's home, it showed delivered right away and you don't have to mess with waiting for the person to go to the P.O. to pickup. Oh well....lessons learned.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@brads_ann wrote:

Just called the post office. I guess it's a small town. They knew the person I sold it too and said she doesn't pick up till about 3pm and it will show delivered then. I could have sworn I was told that once an iitem hits the P.O. Box it should show delivered but according to this lady, it won't show delivered until the person picks it up. That was why I didn't sell to P.O. boxes because when it delivers to person's home, it showed delivered right away and you don't have to mess with waiting for the person to go to the P.O. to pickup. Oh well....lessons learned.

When I had a PO Box because I could not even get delivery to my physical address the PO never scanned the items as delivered because technically they were not delivered until I picked them up because they were too large to fit in the PO Box so they were held behind the counter until I picked them up. Then I took the little slip to the counter and the package got scanned as delivered.

I guess deliveries to me would still be the same because even though I have a mailbox way down on the main road the mail carrier won't deliver here to my house so I would still get a slip and have to go into town to the PO to pick up my package, which would not show delivered until I picked it up.

So this problem could still happen with physical addresses so don't blame it on PO Boxes.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Probably the package is too large for the actual PO box and is simply sitting on a shelf awaiting pick-up.  When the person physically gets the package, the clerk will scan "delivered" and hand it over.

Mail placed inside a PO box is "delivered" because the clerks have no way of knowing when the box holder might open the box.  Most are accessible after hours.

So relax. Why worry about something so inconsequential?

~~C~~ 

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply