cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping rate table - The missing instructions!

Very frustrating that this program was started with so little documentation to support sellers trying to set it up.  Hours and hours in the last week spent setting up rate tables for our mix of products and trying to get a CSV file imported to successfully apply them.

I was able to figure out how to actually get the shipping tale applied to you product; I hope I can save someone some time with these instructions!

Set up the tables by navigating to Site Preferences > Shipping Preferences > Use shipping rate Tables > Edit.  

After you make the tables , you have to create a Business Shipping Policy for each rate table, choose Flat rate and put in your absolute cheapest method ie. Economy (1-10 days), Free. I dont think this is acutally taken into consideration for costs the customer sees once you apply the rate table, but to be safe use the cheapest you offer as this "place holder".

At the bottom of the create shipping policy there is now a check box for "Apply domestic rate table" which will present a dropdown to select the tables when checked.

Once the shipping policies are made you can now apply them to your listings through file upload by uploading a CSV with the fields:

*Action(SiteID=US|Country=US|Currency=USD|Version=403|CC=UTF-8) - "Revise"

ItemID - Listing ID#

ShippingProfileName - Name of your shipping policy

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

poifect! was just trying to figure this out.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I, too, spent long hours slogging through the process to get my rate tables set up.  I set up rate tables for USPS Regional Rate A boxes, Regional Rate B boxes,  and each of the five levels of Cubic pricing (since eBay for whatever reason has not seen fit to provide those shipping options).

@beetstech wrote:

After you make the tables , you have to create a Business Shipping Policy for each rate table, choose Flat rate and put in your absolute cheapest method ie. Economy (1-10 days), Free. I don't think this is actually taken into consideration for costs the customer sees once you apply the rate table, but to be safe use the cheapest you offer as this "place holder".

Because I read some horror stories of shipping rate tables being mysteriously removed from listings, not staying applied (check-marked) at an item's relisting, coming unglued (unchecked) during an item's revision, etc., I purposely entered my "place holder" amount at a high amount rather than my "absolute cheapest method".  If my place holder amount inadvertently becomes my actual, real charged shipping amount - which apparently happened to quite a few people last summer, I want it to be in my favor.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply