cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning items bought together separately

Hi, so I bought a batch of 3 phone screens, one of them was faulty from the get go so I returned that, now another one has developed an issue, so I want to return that, but there is already a return from the first one. Does this mean that this voids the warranty on the other screens ?. Is the only option now to open a paypal claim instead to return them?, as the seller is being a general pain in the rear.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What if the goods or services you receive are not up to scratch?

Consumer Rights Legislation
The most important piece of legislation relating to the sale of goods through eBay.co.uk is The Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Act provides that wherever goods are bought by a consumer they must meet certain minimum standards. This means that items sold through eBay by business sellers must be:

• of "satisfactory quality";
  • "as described"; and
  • "fit for particular purpose".

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

What do you mean by  a "batch"?

Were all three screens part of the same listing for which you now have an open return ? 

Or was each screen a  different listing and the seller combined into one shipment? 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

For a multi-quantity listing, you have one opportunity to return any quantity of purchased items. For example, if you buy T-shirts, and in the listing you select a quantity of 5, you can return any quantity of the 5 T-shirts, but you only have one opportunity to return items. For instance, if you return 2 of the 5 T-shirts, you can't return the remaining 3 later.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

So it effectivly voids all the warranty for the rest of them then as soon as you return one ?. So even if the ebay return warranty is say 90 days, as soon as you return one of them you cant return any more?. So if I have one go wrong I have to return the lot or not at all. That sucks, as one thing might go wrong weeks after another.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@creature04 wrote:

So it effectivly voids all the warranty for the rest of them then as soon as you return one ?. So even if the ebay return warranty is say 90 days, as soon as you return one of them you cant return any more?. So if I have one go wrong I have to return the lot or not at all. That sucks, as one thing might go wrong weeks after another.

There is no return warranty. If the items are signifigantly not as described then you have 30 days from the date of delivery to request a return. You can open 1 return request. Thats the rules. I don't even see why you would need to return multiple items purchased & received at the same time, at a different time? if the items ARE as described and you simply have buyers remorse or the items don't fit, or whatever, then you have to follow the sellers return policy which is shown on every listing. If you open a return request and return 1 item and then decide you no longer want the other 2, again there is no return warranty. You have to follow the sellers return policy and if you are still within the return policy then you can still contact them directly to arrange a return.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I dont return them because they are not as described, its because they have become defective. For example I buy 5 phone screens, I fit the 5 screens to 5 customers phones. The customer brings one back as the screen isnt working as correctly. I send the screen back to the seller. A week later another customer has a problem with a screen (still within the 30 days return), but I cant now send the second screen back........even though it is still within the 30 day return policy.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

So they were working when you installed them on the phones? And one week later, you'll be able to return them in the same condition in which you received them?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@creature04 wrote:

I dont return them because they are not as described, its because they have become defective. For example I buy 5 phone screens, I fit the 5 screens to 5 customers phones. The customer brings one back as the screen isnt working as correctly. I send the screen back to the seller. A week later another customer has a problem with a screen (still within the 30 days return), but I cant now send the second screen back........even though it is still within the 30 day return policy.

I would suggest you buy your parts elsewhere then. You can't transfer ownership of the screens and then use the MBG this way. There is no telling what your customers did to them screens. You should find another supplier instead of buying from eBay sellers 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@creature04 wrote:

The MBG is not a warranty and should not be abused as one.  Yes, thats right I said abused. If the item breaks after you install it on your customers phone, you dont get to return it. That falls under the same rule of reshipping the item after you receive it. Your seller shouldn't be held responsible for the potential abuse that your buyer put it through.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Oh boy! That is so wrong! It's return abuse & the reason many sellers left eBay or went bankrupt.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Alan@ebay
Are you reading this? So wrong!
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Can someone that knows how to tag tag Alan or Trinton? This op is so wrong here.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

How exactly is it abuse of the return system ?, the sellers return policy states : 

'Returns:
60 days refund, buyer pays return postage'

So I am well within my rights to return an item if it comes defective in that time frame.  If I buy a tv off ebay and install it and it goes wrong within the time frame I have the same rights. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

By the way im not returning them after the customer breaks them, I only return them if they are defective, iv bought screens for my own phone that have randonly started flashing or turning off days after fitting.  I think you are confusing physical damge with what I am doing ?. Im NOT sending back cracked screens to the seller if thats what you think. Virtually all faults are due to poorly made screens that either start flashing randomly, turning off, poor colours, defective touchscreen etc. Most of these problems will occur at the time of fitting and you notice them straight away, but others may take a day or so. For example I bought 3 iphone 7 screens from a seller, one of them randonly started flashing on and off, the other the touch was defective on it, and the third defective touch. The seller states 60 day returns policy, so they have been returned. 
There is nothing in the return policy that says I cant return a screen that has been fitted, how else are you supposed to know if the screen is defective or not if you dont fit it to a phone ?. It goes back to the seller in exaclty the same condition it arrives, I never send anything back with any type of damage to them.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Also its worth noting that under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in the UK, I am legally allowed to return an item within 30 days if the item is found to be faulty or not fit for purpse during normal use (once installed). The same act also specifies that I can return the item if I change my mind within 14 days. Because ebay uk is trading in the UK they too are bound by the above law.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply