cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If your buyers complain about USPS tracking ....

...  believe them.  It's ALLLLL  messed up!!

I have a number of incoming packages, some of which were due to arrive today.  Tracking isn't happening.  Those that are gettintg scanned are not showing up on my Informed Delivery Dashboard.  It's a MESS and I don't expect it to get better for at least a month.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Has there been a change to "informed delivery"?

I read a bit on it when it was announced. Package tracking was not included at that time.

I can not get "informed delivery" as my PO does not have DPS.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I've had a package tracking dashboard for a long time.  They usually show up almost as soon as the label is ceated, sometimes the next morning.  Every once in a while one would be missed and I had to add it manually.

When ID became available, it was added to and combined with the package dashboard.  It usually works well.  But this week I have about six that have not shown up at all, even a couple that have been delivered never showed up there.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I agree with you @chrysylys.  Last week I had an item delivered on Tuesday, November 28.  The tracking said by Saturday, November 25.  I had originally signed up for the email notifications.  The email update was on Friday evening.  I kept thinking "how is that the PO has scheduled a pkg for delivery on Saturday when I already have the pkg and left the seller positive FB?"  It happened, the seller sent the pkg w/tracking on the pkg and an empty envelope w/same tracking number.  I decided not to worry my pretty little head because something was not right, so I was like "meh."

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

3 packages haven't shown any progress in 3 days.  All just show the daily 'in transit' entries.  All coming from different states.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

This is why I like FedEx - their tracking has always been accurate for me insofar as selling online or when I was working.  The only delays were on snow/bad weather days when I had documents to send to Court locally, but they were delivered.  I just can't get to FedEx now w/o my vehicle.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had 4 not show up on my Informed Delivery Dashboard., And 1 package was due Yesterday . No Show and Tracking still  still Dec 1, No Update, I have 2 due today, Not even close to Texas yet.. Its going to be a long Month!

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I just realized my dates were incorrect LOL!
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

OK, something else weird happened this morning.  I don't recall ever seeing any real tracking updates on Sunday morning or even late Saturday.  It's always been as if the system was offline.  Then late Sunday night or early Monday, things began to shake loose.

This morning, I see that the two missing packages were scanned into our local hub around 3AM, a hub that doesn't normally work Sunday.  Now it could be because of the Holiday traffic, but I'm wondering if they really arrived at the hub yesterday and the information is delayed/wrong.

Either way, they should be delivered tomorrow.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

Those that are gettintg scanned are not showing up on my Informed Delivery Dashboard. 

OK, so ID just burped in the last few hours and is now shwowing those packages that were missing.  The ones I already have.

Informative.  

Not.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Informed delivery is for letters - not packages.

Get yourself a My Usps account. You get updates on all your inbound packages. Works like a charm.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

^^^  Used to be.  I had the package version long before ID was started. They're combined now.  I see both on one dashboard, but on different tabs.

Might be different in other areas.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Sure wish their system would catch up and be a little more informative.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I can't remember the package system ever being as bad as it is right now.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Got one stuck ...  somewhere.  Doesn't even say where.

In Transit to Destination Dec 19, 2017 at 12:54 PM

Last known location was LA.

Dec 16 08:54 PM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I don't even know if it has left there or not.  Did the track updates thing too.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply