cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay buyer claimed I sent damaged item but I prove him wrong, files a chargeback with credit card..

I will try and be as detailed as possible.

I had a Shiny Charizard V (honestly really good condition) listed for $125. An offer came in saying " I don’t know what the back is but both top/bottom and left/right look 40/60 off centered in your picture. Plus top right is not clean. I’ll offer as if it’s a psa 8/9" and offered $215.

I accepted the offer. After paying the buyer asked if I could send it with priority, and so I did about 5 bucks extra but you know what it doesn't matter.

So a few days pass and the buyer gets his card today and immediately opens a return case claiming the card I sent him was damaged and did not match the description having two big dents down the middle of the back of the card. The buyer includes a picture of a terrible condition card with terrible centering (clearly not the one I sent him). The picture he shows even had the card in a different card sleeve.

After some back and forth, I convinced him to upload more pictures. the new pictures he uploaded were clearly different cards. (Ill include pictures of everything, first post so IDK if I can label pictures but I'll try.)

The buyer threatened to slander me in the "pokemon community" calling me a scammer and dishonest. Then he turned around and told me my messages were bullying and harassment and reported me to Ebay.

After pointing out that the cards are noticeably different cards, I received a message from ebay stating, " The return request for Shiny Charizard V 079/073 Secret RARE Pokemon Champions Path, MINT (PSA 10?) has been closed because we were notified that the buyer filed a chargeback. "

The chargeback happened the same day as the case got opened, and directly after me pointing out the differences in his "evidence."

The ebay user is jpn411

And I expect him to have a graded charizard card up for sale in a few months once he gets it back from PSA.

The scammer also left negative feedback on my Ebay account which will actually affect me substantially.

How is this kind of behavior allowed? How is this not breaking the law? I don't even know if I'm going to get my card back.

Advice?

Update: Idk how to add pics

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay buyer claimed I sent damaged item but I prove him wrong, files a chargeback with credit card..

1. "An offer came in saying " I don’t know what the back is but both top/bottom and left/right look 40/60 off centered in your picture. Plus top right is not clean."  This should have been a big red flag to block and not communicate.

2.  "After some back and forth,"  never go "back and forth" with a buyer. It usually never comes out well on the seller's end.

When the buyer (apparently) opened a case in eBay, you should have just accepted it and sent a return label.

Now with a CC chargeback, you will be lucky to get anything back.

You more than likely would not have received your card back so I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Sorry that a very very small percentage of buyers are like this.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Likely the buyer has lost the ability to file MBG claims on eBay. Serial scammer. 

OP, there is little you can do since its a credit card dispute, but at least use the "report buyer" function on eBay and report the buyer for return fraud. It could be the final straw and get them off the platform, saving some future seller. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The buyer offered you more and that wasn't a red flag?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply