cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMS stil no tracking update after 13 days

Hi, 
I sent item as EMS (expected 5-9bussines days to USA) from Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe), on 12th January 17pm. It was dispatched after just 7 hours from my country. And it's last tracking information I got. Is it possible that USPS doesn't scan those packages and doesn't provide updates on it. I am so convinced that it's already in USA (either at US customs or local post office). Tracking number is EE000527830BA . I have many other items I sent this month to USA (not as EMS but as priority international parcel). None of them are already in USA. I am starting to worry about whole this and suspect that there is a huge problem with USPS and their tracking system, even to that point that I'm thinking about not to ship to USA anymore. (Whole my items I sent are in total greater than 1000 USD.) I already contacted my post for one item, and they filed official claim on that (I think it's the right name in English) to USPS on where is that package (it's not about ems but other one) and they didn't get any repsonse from USA for 7 days now.
This is horrible.
Could anyone help me please?
Thank you very much in advance.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Just wait. It can take a while before parcels are scanned in the US.

USPS shows the tracking in Europe which is a good sign.

The USPS workers often don't scan foreign packages, is my experience. Sometimes tracking works though.

😉

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

It would not be a problem at all for me, but there is a lot of people who use that system and file an INR case against me (I had one few days ago) and was forced to give refund 370USD (tracking still shows it's at US customs for 3 weeks even it really has no any reason to be there so long, - I am convinced it's been deliver but not updated).

So, I thought they will at least update tracking for EMS, but it seems it's the same case. Unbelievable and horrible for me (had never this issue with any European country).

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I experience the same.

Do you add the tracking number to the item twice? One for EMS and one for USPS?

This makes tracking easy for the both of you.

When I refund I add a kind message, telling that the buyer can pay again if the item shows up. That I can send a new eBay invoice if they like that.

This helps.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thank you very much for these information. It's very kind from you.
Ah, I upload here tracking number (immediately after I ship), and each time it's shown at my Bosnian post page on the same day. Next day I see USPS has got information on that as well (about dispatch from country), and after that very often there is no any update on when it gets to USA.
Do you know could I contact someone else about EMS in USA as well?
And did you ship maybe before items to USA by FedEx, and if yes what experiences did you have with them?
Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I only use a Dutch postal company which has a contract with the USPS. It's in the US that my parcels often aren't scanned.

I don't think that complaints will make it better. Only claims for lost parcels will.

You can try another postal company of course.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Ok, thank you for help. I am sorry that you face same issues as I do.
I will probably use FedEx as shipping method to USA from now. Greetings..

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

USPS no longer scans some international packages after they arrive in USA, so they will never show delivered.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2015/pb22424/html/info_002.htm

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Thanks!

The Netherlands is one of the countries USPS provides tracking and delivery information. For Bosnia and Herzegovina USPS doesn't.

http://faq.usps.com/?articleId=1437076354655

My last parcel was scanned 11 times in the US, which is a lot.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

So, do you think they will not provide that information, even if I try through my post to file a claim for lost package?
I will definitely never use anything that cooperates with USPS!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

If there is no tracking, and no signature, your postal company can't prove that the parcel was delivered. You will win a claim if you shipped with insurance. A claim with EMS, because that is the company you have a shipping contract with.

You can blame USPS, but it is a matter of agreement between EMS and USPS. EMS is responsible for the delivery.

Can you ship 'signed for' to the US with EMS?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Each parcel I sent is "signed for". I contacted today my post office. They already filed a claim on two parcels I shipped, but they have not got any answer yet. Worker at post office who works only this kind of job (claims, lost parcels etc) told me that sometimes they don't get any answer from USA side for 20-30 days, what is really unpleasent (in contrast to that, if problem is at Bosnian side for shipments from USA, they send answer in few days to USA). They must wait that period before any other "movement".
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Well, good luck.

😉

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for that and for these information you gave me through this discussion. Good luck too with your sales and bussines! 🙂

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I am having this same problem, EMS sent from South Africa to Japan and US, no tracking information once its in the Destination country. The item to Japan has been delivered but there is no way to confirm that with online tracking, hence if the customer wants to open an INR there's nothing you can do when eBay asks for proof of delivery.

Did you find anyway around this?
Message 15 of 17
latest reply