cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A horrendous Experience

So I have been a regular eBay consumer for a considerable amount of time, and have been mostly happy with them - however, my experience in the last month or so has been horrendous to say the least. As a consumer of eBay India, when my three orders never got shipped, I was expecting a refund, which hasn't happened yet and it has been over 20 days. To add to my plight, when I speak to a Customer Support Representative, I am not even heard. This agent named Manek takes 30 minutes to understand my situation and then on my repeated requests, I am transferred to a team Manager Vishal, who claims to be the "highest authority on the floor" and yet has no power to process my request for refund, neither has he any clue of why my orders where never shipped. Not only this , Vishal mocks me off in a sarcastic tone stating that the "issue is my problem".

I had never expected such a laid back and irresponsible reply from eBay. It is said that in India, we have the best customer service and the irony of the circumstances, I am being mocked for not receiving an immediate help. To make it only worse, they do not even have a record of my call that I made enquiring about the delay on November 13th and spoke to a representative for 11 minutes and 49 seconds - I might have called one of the centres at Mars, may be? 

So who addresses my concern? How do we deal with a Manager who claims to be the " Supreme Authority " and yet is incapable of processing a simple claim request?

Also, on requesting a call back, I am told to adjust to their timings as its my problem. A company so consumer-friendly has suddenly become an irresponsible brat and gives me a reply what can only be termed as insane and unprofessional.

To sum it up, its the worst experience for me with any e-commerce platform till date.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

A horrendous Experience

Did you open an online INR (item not received) case with eBay? Did the seller respond with a tracking number showing delivery? If not, eBay normally closes the case in the buyer's favor on request or certainly at the end of 30 days.

At least that's what happens here in the U.S.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply