cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signin.ebay.com refused to connect.... Can't Create A Listing... lame remedy below!

Like everyone else, when I click on "Create Listing" I'm getting an error message that says: signin.ebay.com refused to connect

This is pretty bad. The only workaround I've found is to SIGN OUT of ebay, then SIGN BACK IN. Then you should be able to create your listing.

Granted, this is a terrible workaround. It's now harder and more time consuming to create a listing on ebay. Ebay should be doing things to make it easier to create a listing, rather than make it harder to create a listing.

Sellers ain't gonna get much sales when they can't create a listing.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

signin.ebay.com refused to connect.... Can't Create A Listing... lame remedy below!

@worldwide*local*guy wrote:

Like everyone else, when I click on "Create Listing" I'm getting an error message that says: signin.ebay.com refused to connect

This is pretty bad. The only workaround I've found is to SIGN OUT of ebay, then SIGN BACK IN. Then you should be able to create your listing.

Granted, this is a terrible workaround. It's now harder and more time consuming to create a listing on ebay. Ebay should be doing things to make it easier to create a listing, rather than make it harder to create a listing.

Sellers ain't gonna get much sales when they can't create a listing.

That last sentence says it all.

Sorry this is happening to you.  E-Bay site so glitchy lately.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I'm getting the same sign in message!

At least I know it's not me, it's ebay.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I am also getting this message when I try to list using Microsoft Edge. When I try to list using Firefox I get the message, "Firefox Can’t Open This Page".

I wonder what happens if I  try to use Chrome? Has anyone tried it?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I am having the same issue. I use Microsoft Edge on my desktop.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

. When I try to list using Firefox I get the message, "Firefox Can’t Open This Page".

I was getting that...........I needed to update firefox.......when that was done, all worked well.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Apparently eBay knows about this problem and it is internal on their end. They say it will be fixed within 72 hours.

I discovered that I can still list items but I have to select multiple listings instead of single. I can also list from my drafts. Here is my fix: I create 20 generic listing and save them as drafts, then I list through my drafts as needed.

Hope that helps. It is also pretty lame, but easier then signing in and out.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

same stuff on Chrome

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I have chrome and am having the same problem. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I use chrome on my phone and I'm getting the same thing 

Screenshot_20210628-014843.png

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This works for me --- Chrome user - Open an Incognito window - go to 3 dot on upper right click on new incognito window type eBay in the search when it comes up (you may have to log in again) then selling and everything should work. If you close the window you have to open it again every time! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - there is currently an issue impacting some members' ability to list items. You can read more about this here

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

We're also getting this message.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply