cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay keeps creating new shipping polices

Hi,

I am having an incredibly frustrating issue with listing. I can't.  While I can technically list, every time I try eBay is making a new shipping policy and changes it on my listing. I use business policies. I spent a lot of time setting up exactly what I needed. It worked great until last night when this started. I can not list anything without the policies I made. My business policy page is filling up with eBay created policies.  Please make it stop.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If anyone comes across this I wanted to be sure I left the solution I found. I had to remove "International Shipping" from all shipping policies. I hadn't received any international orders anyway since turning it on a month ago. I wish eBay would finally get the kinks worked out of the NEW international shipping program. If you don't get a lot of international orders, just turn it off for now. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Is this  the issue you are having? https://youtu.be/isNLUnxnMYM

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

That's exactly what was happening to me, but the thing is, I had never created ANY Business Policies. I didn't even know how to get to the Business Policies page until someone here on the forums told me how. I just had that weird dropdown with nonsense I'd never seen before appear one day when I was trying to list.

I opted out of that nightmare that I never opted into in the first place, but not until I'd wasted over a week scouring the forums to try & figure it out. I didn't list anything new for two weeks or so because of it. 

I finally listed a few things, and held my breath. So far, so good except that it "disappears" my weights sometimes. I'll type it in, and it will just go POOF.

And apparently the engineers or Artificial Unintelligence setting up the limited shipping options we can choose from if we don't opt into the nightmare Business Policies, don't know that USPS has more than one box size within a single category - including when we're trying to print a shipping label.

Extremely frustrating when the dimensions are printed right there on the boxes and listed on the USPS website plain as day. All of them. I just printed a label for Priority Mail but couldn't use Carrier Box option, because they only have one choice for the Large Shipping Box and it's the not the one I needed. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've been having this issue for months. I cleaned it up once upon a time, but now it's doing it again. I try to reassign policies back to my original settings and they just do whatever they want.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You've missed the point. It's not  that ebay is creating new policies for itself. It's that the system is creating duplicate policies and reassigning items to different policies in the business policy section that sellers use for themselves.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This response is from ChatGPT.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Hey @tdlistings and everyone else. I suggest following this discussion where an eBay rep is looking into it:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Auto-Generating-Multiple-Business-Policies/m-p/33764467#M...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@wilsonharborsales wrote:

This response is from ChatGPT.

Yep lol. Only thing missing is how many years we've been members and how important we are to eBay. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

As any eBay CS phone rep will say:

Wow, I see you've been with us since 1998. Thanks for being the best part of eBay @ltldpr.

Like that? 😂

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

As any eBay CS phone rep will say:

Wow, I see you've been with us since 1998. Thanks for being the best part of eBay @ltldpr.

Like that? 😂

Exactly! 😂

Chat too.

One time, right after telling me that on a chat, they went to check on something (translation: juggle the multitude of other chats they're required to juggle for "metrics") and came back with, "My best advice would be to cancel your account and create a new one."

Since I've worked in a phone/chat center before, I knew what had happened - they replied to me with what should have gone to another customer's chat - but my heart did skip a beat for just a sec before personal experience stepped in. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

You've gotten it wrong. It's not like eBay is coming up with new rules for itself. The issue is that the system is establishing duplicate policies and reassigning things to various policies in the portion of the system used by sellers for their own business policies. Vist ...........

Message 12 of 12
latest reply