cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope Postcards/Trading Cards

When using app, eBay Standard Envelope doesn't show up on the list.  Click on Ship in the US button to restart it and eBay Standard Envelop is on the list. Select it. Then the package weight auto-changes to 3oz 12x7x1 instead of 2 oz 8x2x6. And Shipping Service is now saying Select a Service and again you can only check First Class.  This has been happening since 2/16.  I have deleted and reloaded app - didn't change a thing. I have turned off my ipad and turned it back on. Doesn't do anything. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

same thing happening to me 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@tracys_nook wrote:

When using app, eBay Standard Envelope doesn't show up on the list.  Click on Ship in the US button to restart it and eBay Standard Envelop is on the list. Select it. Then the package weight auto-changes to 3oz 12x7x1 instead of 2 oz 8x2x6. And Shipping Service is now saying Select a Service and again you can only check First Class.  This has been happening since 2/16.  I have deleted and reloaded app - didn't change a thing. I have turned off my ipad and turned it back on. Doesn't do anything. 

@tracys_nook eBay has been making changes to the listing page to make the shipping section dynamic - meaning instead of showing a static list of all shipping options, they are using weight and dimension info to decide what shipping service qualify and *only* showing those services.

I tested it out and like you have noticed eBay is defaulting to 3 oz, 12x7x1. When it does that, standard envelope is no longer shown because the max dimensions for that service are 11.5x6.13x1 - with eBay's automatically input dimensions it would not qualify and so it isn't shown as an option.

In my testing the standard envelope option did come back after revising the dimensions to be below the max. Does it work for you if you revise the weight and/or dimensions?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No, it doesn't work on the app. When the Standard Envelope appears, the measurements and weight are incorrect, after I change the weight to 2oz or leave at 3oz and the  dimensions to 8x2x6 it reverts to the message 'Select Shipping Service'.  Then I have to start all over with what I described above. My only work-around has been to finish the draft on the computer and there the weight, measurement and ebay standard envelope is correct.  It's really a pain, because that means I'm tied to my home and can't work elsewhere.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply