cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent an offer and the buyer said Ebay is telling them it won't ship

I got another person that I sent an offer to that said Ebay is telling them it won't ship to their area. I am told that this is an old glitch. What I want to know is how many people have I sent an offer to that got the same message and simply didn't bother to contact me? How many just go on to the next thing? My son tells me that these things happen because of the coding. Someone writes code and then either leaves or gets fired and the next coder just piles code on top of the old code and it creates all kinds of problems and glitches. How much of this is going on on Ebay? We should expect reasonable service from Ebay and this is not reasonable. Ebay expects sellers to bend over backwards for buyers but doesn't offer us the same reasonable expectation of service. Sellers are losing sales because of Ebay's incompetence. Sorry Ebay but I have to call it like I see it. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

might want to try the technical issues place to post this..

And yes it is an ongoing and going issue....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@debvor 

See if these people will answer you with at least a workaround.    Let us know. 

ebayshippingteam@ebay.com

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

@debvor wrote:

How much of this is going on on Ebay? 

Hahahaha!!!

It's really bad...

Here take a look, just the HTML itself:

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https://www.ebay.com/

I counted 452 errors and warnings just on the homepage alone.

That's just what is on the surface, who knows how bad the underlying programming looks but I would imagine it to be about the same.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This is a known glitch that has been happening for quite some time and is costing countless sellers real money every time a buyer receives the message and moves on without notifying the seller about the issue.  Once again we see the capitalized  B in eBay representing the B-team led by failed CEO Iannone.  Just watch any interview with this guy to get a taste of failure mixed with totally unjustified arrogance.  What is worse is that after my decades in brick and mortar retail I have forgotten more about retail than this guy ever knew.  But then he doesn't see Ebay as being in the retail business, and that may be true,  but that is perhaps why there is so much tension between sellers and Ebay itself.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I don't want a "work around" I want it fixed. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply