cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Chance Offers customers getting a error message saying "Seller doesn't ship to your address."

I send out second chance offers regularly and lately I've had customers sending me a message saying when they try to take the offer, they get a error message saying that I don't ship to their address. These are regular customers, who I ship to daily. 

Has anyone else had this problem. I tried calling eBay and they don't have a clue. Meanwhile, I am losing sales. Any help would be grateful!!!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Second Chance Offers customers getting a error message saying "Seller doesn't ship to your

Others have been seeing a similar message on some offers; as long as the seller does, in fact, offer shipping to the buyer's area, the transaction will successfully go through, however, despite that message.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Re: Second Chance Offers customers getting a error message saying "Seller doesn't ship to your

Thanks for your help, but sorry to say it still doesn't work. My customer even tried putting in different address to their work or distant relatives in a different state and it still wouldn't let them buy. They also told me, they were able to buy some things but not others. It's really crazy!!! No telling how many sales I am losing today because of this glitch!!! 

Tried calling eBay and all they said was that they will report it to technical department. 😡

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

i am having this issue now.   i was offered 2nd chance but shipping is blank and i cannot Buy it Now.   

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@picenter wrote:

I send out second chance offers regularly and lately I've had customers sending me a message saying when they try to take the offer, they get a error message saying that I don't ship to their address. These are regular customers, who I ship to daily. 

Same here; I have a screenshot below. In this case I didn't even have to take the offer before getting that error message; it's showing in the original offer that I received from the seller: 

Does_not_ship_to_you_Obscured.jpg

The seller and I are both in the U.S. and I've bought from him before (via my buying account).

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Yes, yesterday a good repeat customer of mine was unable to accept a 2nd chance offer I made on my other seller ID with an error message saying I don't ship to MA.  I ship to all U. S. states, and I have sent many items to this buyer.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

Yes, yesterday a good repeat customer of mine was unable to accept a 2nd chance offer I made on my other seller ID with an error message saying I don't ship to MA.  I ship to all U. S. states, and I have sent many items to this buyer.

I'm going to guess here (just a wild guess, but based on my IT knowledge of several decades) that the system isn't getting the buyer's (or offer recipient's) location from wherever that is normally stored, so it cannot provide any Shipping cost info, and gives that "does not ship" message as a default response instead, even though it makes no sense in context (that of a known buyer in a valid location). I don't think you can exclude Massachusetts as a specific shipping destination anyway. (Alaska and Hawaii, I think so, but not MA.)

This might be a transient error that will go away once the network calms down (or a key server comes back on-line or something like that). Certainly it's not an error that affects everyone, and it might be worth trying again in a few hours or a day later, if that's possible.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I am getting the same message....in my second chance offer the ..."ships to" is blank but when you make the offer there is no place to add shipping too ( you shouldn't have to as it is already in the original listing)

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I am experiencing a similar problem with a buyer trying to accept my offer. Ebay would not allow him to accept the offer because "the seller does not ship to Missouri". It would seem that Ebay would be anxious to fix this glitch, it's costing them money and sales. screen_LI.jpg

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I'm getting the same error while trying to buy a second chance offer from 2 different sellers

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@thecollectionbuyer wrote:

I am experiencing a similar problem with a buyer trying to accept my offer. Ebay would not allow him to accept the offer because "the seller does not ship to Missouri". It would seem that Ebay would be anxious to fix this glitch, it's costing them money and sales. 

Well, guess what: I have my very own instance of this happening right now. My buyer in Florida cannot pay for his Second Chance Offer from me due to this problem. He very graciously provided this screenshot: 

20210730_Does_not_ship_to_you_redacted.jpg

Just to be clear: He bought another item from me two days ago, and that was paid for and shipped with no problem. 

I don't know if his previous purchase was done by mobile, as seen in today's screenshot, so I have suggested that he try a laptop or desktop if possible.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@robman713 wrote:

I'm getting the same error while trying to buy a second chance offer from 2 different sellers

Are you using a mobile device or a laptop/desktop? My buyer's problem is occurring with his mobile device. I suggested he try a laptop or desktop and am waiting to hear back.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

This error still has not been fixed.   Yesterday on my other selling ID I sent 4 second chance offers to one of my best customers.  He was unable to buy them due to an error message saying I did not ship to Massachusetts.  The 8 auctions he won with highest bids were all fine with no shipping errors.  I had to create a special listing with the 4 postcards he could not buy using my second chance offers, and he bought this special listings with no problems.

eBay, please fix your second chance offers as they DO NOT WORK!

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Hmmm, interesting.  I just had a potential buyer write me that she is getting this error.  Mine is not a SCO, but it IS an offer that I sent to watchers.   I see no obvious reason why she'd get this message & she isn't on my BBL. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Paging Brian.t@ebay  

Not sure if I got that right, but is Ebay truly aware???  This isn't just affecting SCO's, it's affecting people who are trying to buy from Send an Offer.  My buyer is in GA & can't buy & it's a week after this error seems to have been posted here.   She is getting the exact same message as shown above.  No wonder I haven't made a sale in days, people can't buy!   

Does anyone know a workaround?  I told her to try just buying it without the offer & seeing if that works & I'd refund her the difference. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 15 of 25
latest reply