cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relist Date BUG in search results by Time, Newly Listed

Relisting tool has a DATE bug in search results

I just came across this bug this week, but it has been around since at least Aug., 2020.

When I sell an item that has another to sell, I use the sold item to RELIST the item I want to.

Unfortunately, the eBay Bug gives the new listing a date associated with a sold item that could be 2 year ago.

That means if somebody searches for that item AND they choose the sort of "Time: Newly Listed", my newly listed item 15th in the result instead of 1st. It has a date of Aug. 20 (2020) instead of April, 30, 2022.

I have found this relist date bug also affects how items are display in an eBay Store.

Stranger yet, if you go to an eBay Seller's list of item for a seller (not their store), the correct day is used. [View a seller's item for sell. Again not their store]

Like I said, this relist date bug has been around at least since 2020. I have called into eBay customer support, but unfortunately, this is a complicated bug; so I'm not sure what will be lost in translation when they deal with the tech team.

What I hope is that other people will confirm the bug and call in to report it.

Easy way to verify the bug:
1.) at the main search field search "Buffy 8 40"
2.) make sure the results are sorted by Time: Newly Listed
2.) search the results for "imapaqrat"
3.) make a note of the ImaPaqRat item's date / time
4.) my item 134101999711 was actually started Apr 30, 2022 04:11:24 PDT
5.) my item 133952489617 was actually started Dec 02, 2021 17:33:16 PST

If you are a seller that RELISTS items, you can check you own items and when you open the item, it shows you the Start Time.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Relist Date BUG in search results by Time, Newly Listed

My experience is different from yours.

If I have a single item that is sold, and then later I discover I have another identical item, I cannot use the Relist option.  What I need to use is Sell Similar, and the listing date will be the current date.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

The reason I use RELIST is that anybody that was watching the original item gets a notification that the item has been relisted.  Sell Similar doesn't do that.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

I do see the error you're talking about. I'd suggest putting together a couple of screenshots and sending them to eBay CS through one of their social channels - Twitter or Facebook.

Relist will only alert 'recent' watchers. If someone had it on their list for a while, they won't get the relist alert.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

I just started to  have this problem on multiple accounts.

Any relisted items and or sell similar the computer is using the original date from that listing for both even though they s/b considered new listings.

The items I listed had todays date but was 6 pages down with 2050 listings b4 it. I finally figured out it was using the original date and called eBay multiple times. The only way to be on page 1 is to list the item from scratch to create a new date. Insane if you have 1000 listings. I am stopping all listings that will end and be relisted  by eBay until it is fixed since no one will go down 40 or 50 pages to find my items.   I am paying for stores and use to sell an item a day now I am selling zero.

EBAY PLEASE FIX THIS ERROR! 

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

I forgot to mention that when I called in they created a ticket for the bug.  They also told me this was the 1st report of the issue.

The ticket number for this is: REQ000003357548

I wonder how many people have reported this only to be told it is the 1st time the problem is reported

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

@imapaqrat I noticed exactly the same thing starting for me on 30Apr2022!    I often use relist and verify that my relisted items are showing as newly/recently listed.  I don't use relist every day, but often enough that I noticed! 

I also witnessed the same behavior about two months ago but never reported anything.  Then about a month later it was back to the way it used to be, so I breathed a sigh of relief that perhaps this wasn't intentional by eBay.

Now the undesired behavior seems to be back!

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

You may want to check out this discussion which is happening on the Canada forum @imapaqrat @whitewaterford @tiptopdollshop because jasmen@ebay posted info about it being an intentional system design, not a bug.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 8 of 44
latest reply

In my opinion they are WRONG.

Why do the results sort by the Original items listing date [one of mine is from Aug, 2020]; but when you search "View Item for sale" for a seller [not the sellers store] the results are sorted by the actual listing date? That is called inconsistency and is a BUG.

Classifying a BUG as a feature is just POOR business strategy.

I read the thread and I believe Jasmen is making it up.

For years I have spent over an hour each morning searching niche items, sorted by start date.  This BUG didn't start happening until a few weeks ago, around 4/27/2020.

For years I have used the relist function and the relisted items had always been displayed with the correct date.

THIS IS A BUG . . . Not a feature.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

I concur that it's a system glitch @imapaqrat. It has always sorted by relist date, not original list date. I tagged Jasmen above so if this is a brand new intended change, then she can be made aware of the inconsistencies between the different search pages and get it reported. One way or another, it's not working the way it should.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @wastingtime101 from my understanding it is working as designed. I'll reach out to get more details, as soon as I do I'll keep  you guys updated! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

If this isn't a bug in the system,
a: Why is an item that I'd sold and relisted on May 11th  (see first pic taken on 05/11 ) where the 'newly listed' is displayed in the listing as it's the day of, showing a start date of September 2nd?
and

B: Why are my listings, under 'see all items for sale', (second pic) when ordered 'list by 'newly listed', showing non-chronologically?newly 2.JPGnewly.JPG

Q: Do you combine shipping?
Worldwide Shipping is $26 or 1 Lp, $5 Each Additional First Class Airmail.
===========================================
Q: When can I expect my order to arrive?
A: Item usually shipped within 4 BUSINESS DAYS from receiving cleared payment.
Delivery time is based both on location and delivery method. Please refer to auction details for delivery time to your area.
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Then the changed functionality change is very recently changed!!  And as far as I'm concerned is broken. I've got 23½ year on eBay and this just changed last month!

For YEARS I have spent at least an hour a day, searching eBay for niche items, sorted by recently listed.

FOR YEARS, tens of thousands of searches; so I can tell you for a fact, that until around a month ago; relisted items were sorted and displayed with their most recent relist dates.  THAT IS A FACT!

NOW LETS TALK CONSITENCY:

When I search a seller's "Views Items For Sale" [Not their store], the sort order and displayed date is the most recent relist day {Like it always had been and should be!};  BUT when I do a eBay wide search, that same item is sorted and displaying the Original Item date.  In one of my cases, the sort / display date is August 20, 2020; since I have relisted it at least 24 times in the last 2½ years; after it had sold each time.

Once again, this is definitely a change that negatively impacts me both as a buyer and a seller.  Unless somebody at eBay can provide a good explanation why, after 23+ years; this change is needed, I believe it needs to go back to the way it WORKED a month ago.

I personally think this is a programming glitch and not an intended feature.  I bet if you ask 1,000 eBay Sellers if they like this new BUG, 100% of them would say NO.  If you asked 1,000 buyers, probably 90% would say NO.  SO WHY DID IT CHANGE?

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Here is an example of an item that did not get any bids and was relisted. The relisted item even had a price change.

The item shows up in the search results with a Mar 13 date instead of a May 15 date; even though the listing has a different starting bid price.

This example is to show that even when the relisted item has been significantly change, it still doesn't get a new date for search results.  [Yes, I believe a price change is significant.]

I have whited out the sellers names so as to violate the community rules.

Relist Bug Bo Book Cover 134111640245 ended & Relisted.pngRelist Bug Bo Book Cover 134119917325 Relisted with Price Change.pngRelist Bug Bo Book Cover 134119917325 search date 3-13.png

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I just got off a long conversation with eBay Customer Support.  They looked at the trouble ticket (REQ000003357548) and we walked through a number of examples. One of the examples was the relist of a item that included a price change.

I was told 100% that this isn't the intended functionality and the ticket will be escalated.

Jasmen, please contact Richard SR#: 1-434840285232; so that you can get up to speed on the BUG, then please go back to the threads when you have stated that "This is the intended functionality" and update those.

This is a serious BUG and it is negatively impacting me both as a Buyer and a Seller!

Message 15 of 44
latest reply