cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hover to Zoom problems (not working right)

When I pull up an item, the hover to zoom works on the 1st photo, as it should, but if I click on the 2nd photo,  hover to zoom, is working but only vertically on part of the photo, sometimes it's on part of the left side, sometimes it's on part of the right side of the photo, and this happens on any other photo in the listing.  1st photo1st photo2nd photo screen shot 12nd photo screen shot 12no photo screen shot 22no photo screen shot 2 And after I click on the 2nd photo, and go back to the 1st photo, hover to zoom goes back to the left right vertical condition, as well as any other photos in the listing. Happens when using either firefox or chrome. Zoom is set at 100%. It's driving me crazy. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I sporadically see the same problem.

Win10 with Firefox 108.0.1

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I’ve been having the same issue for a couple weeks now. Used to work fine, so I assume eBay has changed something, formatting wise. It’s pretty annoying, and they should fix it, not helpful as far as selling items, when you can’t see details.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  How the $#@!$#@!#@! do you get this problem to ebay tech people???  They apparently don't want anyone to contact them.  I haven't found a way yet, anyone know? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@birhamc7679 

What browser and version and what operating system are you using?

@rebelbygrace 

If several of us are seeing the problem, then we can call staff to this thread to get it reported.

devon@ebay 

When a hover-zoom opens the enlargement, the enlargement sometimes does not center in the available zoom window. Sometimes only the right side is shown and there is no ability to pan the zoomed photo. If I were debugging something like this, I would first assume that the enlargement holder has been set to center the image, and then the left and right margins are determined based on centering.

But if the image has not loaded and has zero width, the left or right margin would be set half way over. Then when the image does load, with the 50% margin on one side, we would find the image offset by 50%, while the zero-width setting prevents panning.

I'll try to get some screenshots next time I encounter this.

Fortunately, reselecting through the photos tends to correct the issue, when the centering process begins anew.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I'm using windows 7 and firefox or chrome, have the zoom problem with either browser.  Don't know if you were asking me this, or Birhamc7679.  The post from devon@ebay makes no sense at all to me.  Is he aware of the problem?  His post didn't mention any solution.  Is anyone at ebay going to address this issue? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

@birhamc7679 

What browser and version and what operating system are you using?

@rebelbygrace 

If several of us are seeing the problem, then we can call staff to this thread to get it reported.

devon@ebay 

When a hover-zoom opens the enlargement, the enlargement sometimes does not center in the available zoom window. Sometimes only the right side is shown and there is no ability to pan the zoomed photo. If I were debugging something like this, I would first assume that the enlargement holder has been set to center the image, and then the left and right margins are determined based on centering.

But if the image has not loaded and has zero width, the left or right margin would be set half way over. Then when the image does load, with the 50% margin on one side, we would find the image offset by 50%, while the zero-width setting prevents panning.

I'll try to get some screenshots next time I encounter this.

Fortunately, reselecting through the photos tends to correct the issue, when the centering process begins anew.

Hey @shipscript! Thank you for tagging and letting me know about this. I will get this sent over to the correct team to have them take a look into it. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, it has been happening to me as well..for about a month now. it is very frustrating because I'm not just selling but also shopping and cant view the whole item.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply