cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay.ca needs captcha to sign in but says 'oops that's not a match' always. Can't login!!!

Started yesterday for me. Could have been a problem earlier as I haven't logged in a while. First time ever I've been asked for a captcha in 20 years!!!

I enter my user name then hit continue. It automatically goes to a please verify yourself to continue. When did this start???????????????

Do the captcha and it always gives me the check mark and goes back to the sign in screen where it shows my username but with the 'Oops, that's not a match.'  This is static!!! **bleep**??? Deleted my shortcut, cleared browsing data, rebooted my modem...

The 'team member' help is useless. Literally!!!!  They do nothing at all but say sorry and we'll log your issue.

eBay...seriously get your heads out of your ass and provide REAL help!!! Not some kid from the Philippines who literally has no clue whatsoever!!! Get more involved in the workings of your site.!!! 

Going on 19 hours. Running fully updated Chrome.

Had to go through ebay.com to do this. And FYI, if I want to access anything in my account it automatically logs me out so I have to try and log in again through eBay .ca. starting this nonsense over again!!!

Multi billion dollar organization with no 'SERIOUS'  intervention to make your site work properly or communicate with your members!!!

This is unacceptable!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay.ca needs captcha to sign in but says 'oops that's not a match' always. Can't login!!!

If you get stuck in a verification loop after you have entered your password, you may be able to get out of that loop by clicking on the eBay logo to go to the main page. If that page indicates you are already signed in, you may be able to reach your My eBay pages from there.

You can also try reaching your eBay account via the ebay.ca discussion boards by clicking on the eBay logo there.

You may be able to sign in using an alternative sign in link.

Try each of these:

https://signin.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

https://www.ebay.ca/signin/

If neither of those work with username and password, you may be able to sign in using a social media account. If you have already linked a Google, Facebook or Apple account to your eBay account, try using that option on the sign in page.

If you have not already linked a social media account you may be able to link an account by signing in to eBay using the eBay app. Then go to Settings to link a social media account to your eBay account. Then try signing in via social media using a browser.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Cannot get to the point of entering password.

Username rite to captcha back to username back to captcha etc...

Ebay.ca discussions no go.

Alternate logins a no go.

Don't do social.

Only here now because logged into .com. 

When want to access anything in my account it auto to ebay.ca where I'm pooched.

ebay the worst online experience ever in my time. No accountability and service. Where's the technical help like when your internet or phone don't work???

Is there any???

Multi billions worth and this is what eBay users get???

Pathetic!

Tx. for the reply.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Use the eBay app to access your account.

Create a Google or Facebook account and use it to sign in instead of username and password.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ive been having the same issues for 4 days , every time i talk to a customer rep they say it should be fixed with in 24 hours , if you cant fix the captcha program then get rid of it , seriously considering closing my ebay account and moving to amazon 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am also having an issue getting onto my .ca accounts.  I spent 1 hour chatting with someone and as soon as I tried to switch to another account it would boot me out again.  This is bad.  We need a solution.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Just an update.

As of 5 minutes ago I can login and use ebay.ca as normal.

Hope everyone else is in.

I filed a complaint with ebay. I'll respond if anything worthwhile. I'm expecting just a generic sorry and we appreciate your business nonsense.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

At this point with the majority of big internet companies all so broken like this I have a HUGE dislike to capitalism and feel hard communism is the only way even if certain things have to be 'purged'.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Forcing people to use the app only is favoritism to smartphones.  That's very immoral.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply