cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app - searching function and saved searches not working

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their search function/saved searchings?  

It keeps coming up with an exclamation point inside a triangle, and the error message:  "There was an internal error.  Please try restarting the app".

I've reinstalled the app and the error message keeps coming up.... 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I'm having the same issues. I woke up this morning and it wouldn't work. About an hour later after clearing cache and uninstalling and installing the app it worked for like 10 seconds and I got 1 search in then it stopped again

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Yes search function is broken for both saved and new searches multiple posts saying the same 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Yes, lots of search problems. some are just straight up 100% wrong. 

Just look at this search results for 64GB DDR4 ram: 

What do I get? 4 listings of 16x2, 32GB ram. Some of the filters are 100% broken not returning correct results. 

2022-04-28 05_51_31-Computer RAM 64 GB Total Capacity with 2 Modules and 288 Pins for sale _ eBay.jpg

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Same thing here and i cleared my cache and reload the app. Nothing

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Same issue. Sometime a search will work if I keep refreshing it but mostly just getting the 'internal error'  message. Started intermittently yesterday but has been really bad today.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

What version of the eBay app are you using?

Searches and Saved Searches seem to be working for me using version 6.58.0.1 on an Android 11 Motorola G Power phone.

You may want to post this on the Android App discussion board. There are eBay folks that read and respond to questions on that board.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@p2l97 

I have not searched for RAM lately, but in the past I have had similar issues. Most of the time the problem was that the seller had included the wrong item-specifics in the listing. Not much that eBay can do about that.

But this is a separate issue from the one the OP is experiencing, and if eBay's search is bringing up listings that do not match your search parameters, that probably deserves its own thread.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

It's not that, all the listings have the correct memory size in each listing. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

It's not that, all the listings have the correct memory size in each listing.

The memory may be correctly identified in the title, but if the wrong information appears in the item-specifics, search will return the item based on that wrong information. The filters used for searching draw on the information in the item specifics.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Same here, even after doing ALL The Usual Things. Only on my Android, started this morning.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Having the same issue since last night. Searching or saved searches not working

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Same issue, searches won’t load for in app or on the web using my iPhone. 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Not working for me. Uninstalled/reloaded, cleared cache, force stop... Same issue

Tried using the website on mobile. When I type a search it works. Trying to use saved searches sends me to the app. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Worked a couple times. As soon as I tried saved searches stopped working all together. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply