cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t accept decline or make counter offer & can’t send message to buyer - spinning wheel

Every since the maintenance update on Wednesday night Thursday morning I have been unable to accept, decline or make counter offers.  Button icons register my touch, but are unresponsive.  

I go to message the buyer I’m having a problem from buyers profile screen “contact” get to the message screen and there is a sprinting wheel (thinking / loading) that never stops.  I type text in the message but can’t send it, send message button is grayed out.  

Ive seen multiple users post this same problem.

On website, no app.  I’ve tried both classic and mobile versions, same thing happens.   I’m using safari, and that’s the only browser I have.... I’m not downloading another browsers to try.  Don’t have the space.  

Customer service is no help.  No manager can accept an offer for me either.   I’ve tried delete cookies, accessing pages from other screens.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can’t accept decline or make counter offer & can’t send message to buyer - spinning wheel

Have you tried Safari in desktop mode? Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar of the Mobile eBay site. When the menu appears, tap Request Desktop Site.

If that does not help you may want to reconsider trying another browser, the app, or another device.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Can’t accept decline or make counter offer & can’t send message to buyer - spinning wheel

Yes, I tried the desktop vs mobile switch.  Same issues.  I don’t have anything but safari.  No room to download browsers... which in my opinion is NOT a viable solution.  Even if I had room I’m not going to download them.  Your just bypassing the problem.   

not buying a new device either, I don’t have the money.  

been on here 22 years, and would be nice to get technical support from eBay on this (not necessarily this message board, but in general).  Tickets open but nothing is happening.  No manager can accept an offer for me manually?  Makes no sense to offer so little support in my opinion

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just to update, another user with the same problem is using Firefox.  So it appears  NOT my browser.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I am having similar issues since yesterday (Thursday) in that I am not able to send offers to sellers. The offer window pops up but elements on it seem not to be working (amount, comment can be filled out but the send button is greyed out). If I try to contact a seller I get to the window where I have to choose the topic, and when I click on the Contact the Seller button the page that opens has a spinning blue wheel that never stops, so it is impossible to get to the message form.

I am using Firefox, an tried disabling all add-ons, restart browser, restart computer, but problem continues. I also tried with a completely separate computer and different account, same problem as well.

Anybody know when this will get fixed, or is ebay asleep at the wheel on this?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am having the same issue on Safari. I switched to Chrome and it works. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for letting me know.. unfortunately I cannot download or run chrome so that is not an option to try.   

Im loosing a lot of $ here and the lack of support from eBay (customer service) is disheartening.   Not necessarily the rep that you talk to because their hands are tied.  

ebay should have some way a manager can override the glitch an accept an offer for you over the phone.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply