cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't sellers see who is watching our listings

why can't sellers see who is watching our listings, or can we and I just don't know how?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is a about privacy. 

Buyers don't what the seller bugging them to buy things they will buy when they are ready, 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@collectfest 

I think at one time you could see who was watching, but now all you get is a number.

They probably changed it for privacy issues.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@collectfest 

I think at one time you could see who was watching, but now all you get is a number.

They probably changed it for privacy issues.

Thanks for the response.  I think you are right. I believe it is important that sellers have this information for many reasons. Its a way to block bad buyers before they bid.

I would agree eBay has to protect their interest by blocking communication with a buyer/seller to not make deals off eBay.

I am ignorant as to the difficulty this creates for programmers. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

to prevent seller from spamming watchers.........

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

It is a about privacy. 

Buyers don't what the seller bugging them to buy things they will buy when they are ready, 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I'm sure you're right I just wish they could wag a magic wand and just not allow communication with buyer/seller if they are watching.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yeah to prevent sellers from spamming watchers. The would share who is watching an item with other sellers in the same genre and contact them non-stop so it was eliminated. Smart.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I am still waiting for the option to remove items from my items being watched list.  I would say that close to 50% of the items on  my items being watched list have been there for months as many buyers never bother to remove items from their watch list.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Why would you want to do that?  Having your items being watched shouldn't affect you in any way.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Why would you want to do that?  Having your items being watched shouldn't affect you in any way.

It might be nice if "watched" items were automatically removed after say 60 days.  The list of items being watched gets increasingly long to the point that  I have to scroll through items long forgotten by potential buyers.  I use that list to send offers and it is a waste of my time to scroll through the same items time and time again, items long forgotten, as well as items that are already at rock bottom liquidation prices.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Refresh (re-list) your items every now and then.  There are sellers watching your listings.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It might be nice if "watched" items were automatically removed after say 60 days.  The list of items being watched gets increasingly long to the point that  I have to scroll through items long forgotten by potential buyers.  I use that list to send offers and it is a waste of my time to scroll through the same items time and time again, items long forgotten, as well as items that are already at rock bottom liquidation prices.

Nice for who?

I have quite a few things that have been on my watch list for years (and I WANT THEM THERE).

An example would be the seller with the best price/service for the toner cartridges my printer uses. I will need a replacement in a year or two and I want that listing to be on my watch list so I don't have to go searching again.

I have a number of other similar items on my watch list as do many other people.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

That and doing google searches on their income, the type of house they own, their age, the neighborhood they live in, and whether they want to have the power to block certain people etc. No way would people want sellers knowing they are watching an item of theirs.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I don't know if it actually lets you even send offers to the same person for the same item twice.  I have a long running item with over 100 watchers that I was nearly out of stock on, so I raised the price where no one would buy the last two while I sourced more of them. A month later when I had more stock and lowered the price to normal and went to send offers it sent offers to 2 people. Not 100+.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply