cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who wants to ride the retun merry go round

Buyer returned an item but it was missing two parts.

I call ebay.

Their suggestion... refund the buyer (no surprise). because if I do not refund the buyer

but ask ebay to step in NOW and if they find in favor of the buyer (no surprise) I could receive a defect

because ebay had to step in to resolve the problem.

I said, I get whacked for doing nothing wrong?

Yes!

is this ebay or the Sopranos aka Sopranobay?

I refund the buyer with the rep on the phone. He sys now that the buyer's refunded you (me) cannot

receive a defect since the case or return was resolved, however ebay may only partially refund the buyer based on the item missing parts .

ANYBODY WANNA' BET AGAINST THE HOUSE..OF EBAY? How likely is it they will only partially refund the buyer?

A month ago a buyer busted an on/off switch & blew the fuse on a receiver. I called ebay who requested photos. Rep says he can clearly see what the buyer did.

Buyer cried he had nothing to do with it. ebay refunds him through THEIR account.

THEY THEN SENT ME A MESSAGE TO REPORT & BLOCK HIM.

That's their way of saying "we can't say he's GUILTY or that he burned you but...yeah"

While I didn't get hit financially it only reinforces or enables buyers to do as they please without penalty.

ebay boasts "800 kazaballion" items sold every day but  they'll never tell you how many buyers they know of or suspect abuse the system & the system is you the seller.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If I received a return and the buyer left out parts of it I would give them a partial refund. 
I never have to call eBay or get them involved in my business. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@buytodayshipnextday wrote:

I said, I get whacked for doing nothing wrong?

Yes!

is this ebay or the Sopranos aka Sopranobay?

eBay has no idea who is telling the truth. 

But they have offered buyers a Money Back Guarantee since 2008,  so since 2008 they have sided with buyers because it is in their financial interest to do so.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply