cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who has confidence in eBay right now?

Between the fee's and lack of sales or views for that matter I am losing confidence at an alarming rate in eBay.

Even worse if possible is the USPS. I have TWO items I have purchased get lost in shipping--not delayed but lost in the last 7 days.

As a seller I have no confidence in anything I sell getting to the buyer. I understand the delays in transit time but not packages that don't even make it out of their zip code.

schemes within schemes
the serpent is a good sign
someday you may swallow yourself
by accident
Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Many problems right now.......mail is not only affecting ebay........but every other entity that deals in mail order........Unsettled times.......ditto.........

This, too, shall pass.........

Message 2 of 109
latest reply

eBay is a facilitator - you need confidence in your products and shipping companies, not in eBay.

Message 3 of 109
latest reply

eBay is a HUGE facilitator ---the fee's and taxes on items sold and purchased are hard to deal with. It wasn't always like this right?

While I understand eBay is not responsible for shipping ---they are not doing enough to protect sellers for the lost items....delays included. A lot of sellers are getting negatives...for things that are totally out of their control.

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 4 of 109
latest reply

I fully understand your feelings as items get lost and delayed by the USPS and buyers file not received then Ebay closes the case and gives the buyer back there money I kind of understand that, then the item is delivered now the buyer has a free item. Where does that leave the seller. It leaves the seller with a higher return rate, out the sale of a item and no protection for something that was out of there control. The seller did his job shipped with tracking USPS didn't do there job and the seller takes the hit for everyone else falling down on there end of the job. Something is wrong in this picture Ebay how about some protection for this problem. Just sayin.

Message 5 of 109
latest reply

The fees and taxes have always been there.........they can't protect until they see how the situation unfolds......to arbitrarily "excuse" sellers is only going to encourage seller abuse. 

If the kitchen is too hot, probably time to get out of it.....at least temporarily. 

Message 6 of 109
latest reply

I have plenty of confidence in ebays platform.it works good 99 percent of the time.I have no problems launching auctions or writing them.shipping is mostlly a breeze for me.

I would have to say the platofrm works great but I cant say the same thing about ebay the company.

ebay is so afraid of upset buyers that they just throw sellers under the bus

platform is great...................ebays attitude is good for the toilet

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 109
latest reply

@bigyellowdog2012 wrote:

As a seller I have no confidence in anything I sell getting to the buyer. 

Luckily for me, everything I have shipped on all six of my selling accounts has gotten to the buyer in a reasonable timeframe (less than 10 days by media mail, generally). 

I have also received everything I have purchased. 

If I had no confidence that anything I was selling was getting to my buyers I would stop selling until I did. 

Message 8 of 109
latest reply

@dhbookds 

no the taxes were not always there and the fee's are much higher. 

Most of my stuff is used. While I understand the taxes for transactions that are seen as income--- 

As a buyer it gives me no motivation to buy here!! Heck I may as well go to a B&M.

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 9 of 109
latest reply

I just hate this new Managed Payment. It doesn't give you sufficient options to move your money, it's a waiting game. Imagine selling thousands in item that's just sitting pending and they want you to ship the item before you receive the funds, this is irritating. I like to have my money before i release my items like previously. I think they should roll this back or atleast give us the option to use Paypal as method of collecting payment.

Message 10 of 109
latest reply

yes lucky

I have NEVER had two items just stop in transit. Its a first for me.

I feel bad for the seller that shipped me an expensive item.

not her fault at all that the package was either stolen or hopelessly lost.

But that said I do want my money back. She insured the item but has to wait until December 22nd to file a lost claim. That is ridiculous. That item has been in the same place since November 27th. 

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 11 of 109
latest reply

The fees have always been a part of selling on eBay so from my perspective not part of the major issues with eBay at the moment. IMHO the shipping issues and their ineptitude at operating the managed payment environment are causing the greatest risks to the sellers at the moment. 

While eBay cannot do anything about the shipping issues with any of the carriers, and they are all having issues, it is eBay's dismal handling of the INR cases and the refusal to do anything to help the sellers that is a major concern. It should not require the seller to do anything to address the delays as long as the seller got the item into the shipping process on time. EBay is able to pull the shipping information and determine the item is in transit without having to require the seller to do so. I won't even go into the managed payment issues. 

I do not worry about items getting to the seller but I do worry that they will do so in a timely manner. 

Message 12 of 109
latest reply

eBay and their attitude that " we are just the platform" is egregious.

Every seller is left out to dry when the post office loses the item---

they don't step in and help at all. 

As a seller myself I feel bad for this seller....She did everything right but is not going to get her money back in a timely matter and she is out the item. 

eBay just shrugs and says oh well. we got our fee's 

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 13 of 109
latest reply

@bigyellowdog2012 wrote:

@dhbookds 

no the taxes were not always there and the fee's are much higher. 

Most of my stuff is used. While I understand the taxes for transactions that are seen as income--- 

As a buyer it gives me no motivation to buy here!! Heck I may as well go to a B&M.

Sorry, I meant taxes/fees were there before this problem.....  Ebay certainly fought the taxes........that's the states that decided to apply them to ecommerce....  Fees haven't gone up, since this mess started, unless you are talking about MP .......but sellers should be aware of the fees and if their item prices can't handle them, they shouldn't be listing those items.  Sellers also should have postal insurance if the items are lost....and they should be able to collect, eventually, thru the insurance.

As a seller, I don't like the situation any better than anyone else.  But I also have sympathy for buyers.....  In a time of "short" money.....for Christmas......some are going to be out both the item and the money if this stuff doesn't get delivered or refunded. 

And yes, I'm a victim also........refunded (forced).....item delivered 6 hrs after the refund.  Media mail, so no insurance. 

Message 14 of 109
latest reply

@dh

yes to what you are saying---it's that being able to collect "eventually" that slays me

you can see very clearing on the tracking information that this item hasn't moved 

so everyone loses but not eBay --they are not out one cent. 

seller is out 

buyer is out 

and no one has any responsibility---seller did everything correctly. Heck according to eBay I can even leave this seller a negative which I would NEVER DO.

schemes within schemes
by accident
Message 15 of 109
latest reply