cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when you accept an offer , is sending an invoice the next step?

this is my first time accepting an offer so I'm not sure how it works? I received a message asking me to send an invoice? Is this the next step?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: when you accept an offer , is sending an invoice the next step?

As long as the offer is accepted on the ebay listing and not in messages you should have a message saying your ebay item sold. Then open the actual item hit send invoice since they requested one. Then the next step would be payment from buyer.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I just set the auto UPI and let it run it's course. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No, you do not have to send an invoice. The buyer automatically gets an email that their offer has been accepted and they can pay through that, or through the link in their purchase history.

If you get a message from a buyer asking for an invoice, or asking for your email address or phone number, you can be 99.9999999% certain you are being set up to be scammed.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If the buyer requests an invoice then by all means send out an invoice.  I usually send out an invoice to a buyer who has not paid after 24 hours as a gentle reminder.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Did you get the offer through ebay offers or through a message? If you received it through ebay offers there's no need to send an invoice, the buyer can pay from the accepted offer message ebay sends.

If you received the offer through messages, check that you've actually sold the item.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for explaining that out. I had seen a "Guide" how to send invoices on eBay. I was a little unsettled because of the following. 

• Details about the seller. This is the name, email, phone number, address and logo. Though the logo is optional in some countries.

I was not sure about sending my information out like this. Then I checked your suggestion and went with that. Thank you again.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply