cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do when an item is not moving?

Magnavox FCD196BK02 compact disc music system automatic turntable TESTED WORKS | eBay

I have had this item listed as an auction and buy it now I would love some tips and ideas to know what I am doing wrong as I would like to see this item sold because it is in perfect working condition and it's just not moving.

Would love any feedback or constructive criticism if I am doing something wrong! Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Samuel Gold-The Melting Pot

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Well, you show as a newer seller so buyers might be concerned about that. Overall, it's best to be patient. We often sell items we listed 4 or more years ago.

Your condition spot is full of fluff. It should only be for the item condition. I don't think this is causing you lost sales but people on their phones need to see the condition first. The fluffy stuff can go in the item description section.

Accept returns. Ebay could force you to do this anyway so you might as well.

Usually it's a good idea to offer free shipping. Work the cost into the item. Though with this bulky heavy item it might not work.

Honestly tho, I would never sell this on line for that price. Too much time and trouble to pack. Too risky that it would be damaged while shipping. Sell it local where you don't have to worry about shipping or fees and can sell it cheaper.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Your not offering returns that would be a big turn off for many buyers.

Get rid of auction use BIN wth best offer and set auto decline / accept.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@sg74325 

The Condition Description field is for a detailed description of the CONDITION OF THE ITEM

Give an honest detailed condition description ... scratches, dents, etc

Move all of the personal stuff down into the regular description ... after you actually describe your item.  Better yet, leave it out altogether.

How big is it? ... give measurements

What components are there in the system?  Give a breakdown

Here's a description of the same item that sold on a different site:

Item Details

A Magnavox compact stereo system, model FCD 196 BK02.

This shelf style stereo has it all including a programmable CD player, digital AM/FM tuner, double cassette deck, turntable and two speakers.

Features include a graphic equalizer, an automatic turntable and auto shut-off.

Condition

System powered on when tested, turntable spins but was not tested, there is a small crack in the turntable lid near the hinge.

Dimensions
35.0" W x 14.25" H x 14.25" D

Measurement includes width of speakers, they are 8.5" W each.

_________

Edit to Add:  You may be overestimating the value of that item.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Just random thoughts, take them or leave them.

It looks really big. Do you actually have a box to mail this item in with enough space to pad it? It seems kind of big and I bet the shipping will be more expensive than you have estimated. Your cost for shipping may be increased because of the size.

If it was me, I would sell it on Craigslist and let someone come pick it up. Easy peasy, and no mailing.

Regarding the listing. It would help if you put something like a soda can in the picture to show the size of your item.

You could add Cassette player to the title will help or hurt. It shows that the item can play multiple formats.

Add the initial CD to the title

If you need more space in the title, take out TESTED WORKS (of course it works or you would get a return request) and put that in the condition instead of all those words you have in the condition.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

And just a suggestion ...

Before that sells, go look at youtube videos about how to pack and ship a turntable so that it doesn't get damaged.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

My wife would love to have that but no way would we buy it online. Old electronics just don't ship well no matter how well you pack them. Jars and shakes while in transit could shake things loose so easily. Sell it locally where the buyer can see it work and pay cash. No shipping cost, fees, or returns.

At that starting price plus the high shipping it would cost me $106.47 if I was the only bidder. IF I was looking for something of this sort I wouldn't wait out an auction to see if I win, I'd be looking at BINs and other places like FBMP and local pawn/junk/trading post shops.   I don't advocate free shipping on something like this, 95% of my stuff is "shipping on top", but $41.47  is a hard pill to swallow.   

How does UPS shipping cost stack up? What are the package dimensions and weight?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

To add to my previous post (timed out to edit)...

Just looking at the " Similar sponsored items" displayed at the bottom of your auction (and not opening any to compare to yours) I see BINs for lower price and all 3 have shipping to me in the $30-something range. IF I was shopping yours I would be enticed to look at those and see if I could use one of them. Perhaps they are "apples and oranges" or not.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply