cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what if buyer wants multiple Listings & Discount on shipping.

I have a buyer that wants to buy all of a certain kind of listing in my store which is over 100 items. And he was hoping for a discount on all the shipping and maybe a discount on the items. How would i go about giving him a new cost on shipping and a possible discount on those items. if we move ahead with a deal over messages. The items arent set up for Best offer in my store. 

thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In a case like this, after we have worked out what all is included and how much to pay and how much shipping with the buyer, I usually discuss with the buyer that I will cancel all the listings that he wants, and put them together on one listing. Then in the title, I put for specific buyer as agreed in messages. Then I send the buyer the item number to let him know it is ready for him to purchase. (Don't delete your items out of your unsolds until he actually purchases the lot.)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm assuming the 100 items are more than 1 listing:  End the individual listings.......Make one listing for all the items and calculated shipping...... put B/O on it, list with a high price and then send the URL to the buyer with instructions to make an offer of the agreed upon price...    that saves worrying about someone else sniping the listing. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

moving ahead with a deal over messages does not sound good.discounts can not be given on an invoice,the price on a buy  it now of 100 can not be changed to 90 with an invoice,only shipping can be discounted,not prices.

if your buyer does not start using the buy  it now button then they are just a tirekicker and you will soon tire of talk instead of action.

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

yes they are multiple different listings

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In a case like this, after we have worked out what all is included and how much to pay and how much shipping with the buyer, I usually discuss with the buyer that I will cancel all the listings that he wants, and put them together on one listing. Then in the title, I put for specific buyer as agreed in messages. Then I send the buyer the item number to let him know it is ready for him to purchase. (Don't delete your items out of your unsolds until he actually purchases the lot.)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply