cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch authntification...seller beware

i m top rated seller over 5000 100 pct positive fb sold many hivalue watches on ebay never an issue....i sold 8600 breitling....sent to authnticator....flawless new watch...failed inspection for a "scuffed crystal" sale lost...money ripped out of my account...ok i say to myself...i know i shipped it perfect...maybe something happened in transit or they screwed it up when they examined it....watch returned...perfect....zero zilch nada scuff on crystal ..they are **bleep**s excuse my language

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: watch authntification...seller beware

Ok...

I find the fact that you have received (according to you) 5 THOUSAND feedback with not a single negative or neutral a bit hard to swallow... Not because you're doing something wrong per se but because one, we are humans and we do make mistakes and two, even if you always do everything right you will still get a negative one way or another, some kind of way from some buyer who, doesn't matter.

You do have Revised Feedback: 3
That alone speaks of something less than positive at some point...

I did spot one negative while going back through your old feedback as well.
Not that it matters, at all.
Ebay doesn't care about feedback insofar as these situations are concerned.
But it is less than completely honest to state that your 5k FB is 100% positive.

That being said, at least you got your watch back.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Not sure about other sellers' opinions but I hope you also have your higher end clothing listed on etsy.  Or if you don't, why not?   I don't usually buy expensive Italian sweaters except a couple I picked up back in the mid 1990s in San Francisco at a brick (literally) and mortar store in Ghirardelli Square.

I sell my watches to a jewelry store.  Just had one appraised two days ago.  14k gold watch from the 1930's.  I took the cash in hand.  🙂

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@yawe_1956 wrote:

I find the fact that you have received (according to you) 5 THOUSAND feedback with not a single negative or neutral a bit hard to swallow

He said he had 5000 feedback (he does). 

He said he had a 100% feedback rating (he does). 

He said he had sold many high-end watches with no issues. 

I did not read his post as any sort of claim that he had never had a neutral or a negative in his life. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

revised fb means it was removed by ebay not revised by the buyer...the negative was a false claim that an item was counterfeit. funny how you don t address what ebay did only look to discredit me

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

since u have 0 listings...i understand you know little about any of this

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@yawe_1956 wrote:

I find the fact that you have received (according to you) 5 THOUSAND feedback with not a single negative or neutral a bit hard to swallow

He said he had 5000 feedback (he does). 

He said he had a 100% feedback rating (he does). 

He said he had sold many high-end watches with no issues. 

I did not read his post as any sort of claim that he had never had a neutral or a negative in his life. 

Ok, fair enough, point taken.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"revised fb means it was removed by ebay not revised by the buyer...the negative was a false claim that an item was counterfeit. funny how you don t address what ebay did only look to discredit me"

The message board police are out in force during the pandemic.  Hopefully by 2022 they will be back to work and not feel so powerless that they have to nitpick users who post their backstories.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

"since u have 0 listings...i understand you know little about any of this"

Keep in mind that many people who post on this board are active sellers under other usernames and have been around ebay for decades.  I used to think we could only have one name and make retorts to comments from (0) feedback names with no listings until it became obvious that thy keep their selling identity sort of private by using a different username for the message boards.  I know better now.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

his ignorance belies his inexperience

Message 10 of 10
latest reply