cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Where is my order!!!!!!!!!!  Was it even shipped??????"

"I dont like this!!!!! How do I send back??????"

I dont know what makes people think that using this will produce a more productive result.  If anything, it makes me engage with them less and more directly. Just a cut and paste of current tracking or return info gets sent.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@selecttech wrote:

I dont know what makes people think that using this will produce a more productive result. 

Because it works often enough that those people either realize being a bully is good, or think that they are in the right and don't realize that they get their way only because people just want to shut them up and get rid of them as fast as possible.  Giving them what they want when they rant and rave is the fastest way to shut them up.

It's not right, but it is reality.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@selecttech wrote:

I dont know what makes people think that using this will produce a more productive result.  If anything, it makes me engage with them less and more directly. Just a cut and paste of current tracking or return info gets sent.

I get those exact same ones.  I think they might be prefilled options if they ask from the purchase history contact link.

An interesting thing just happened.  I went to my purchase history just now to see if I could see some prefilled communication responses like I mentioned above.  I had an eBay package delivered yesterday and clicked on contact seller from the purchase history and I got an immediate ( about one minute) email message from eBay to my registered email account informing me that this item was delivered yesterday.

I like how eBay recognized the delivery and informed me (the buyer) very quickly.  As a seller I can see how this might help to eliminate INR requests.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Because it works often enough that those people either realize being a bully is good

I'm thinking anything more than 3 question marks is the threshhold for bullying; 6 exclamation points should keep them off the Supreme Court.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I think we're firmly into the Ritalin generation.

And someone needs a refill (or maybe just a nap). Can we blame video games or something?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If you use multiple question marks, multiple exclamation points and multiple periods in the same rant, that's called the Devil's Triangle.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

Because it works often enough that those people either realize being a bully is good

I'm thinking anything more than 3 question marks is the threshhold for bullying; 6 exclamation points should keep them off the Supreme Court.

Have you ever added more than 6 exclamation points?  Have you?????????

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@selecttech wrote:

People who write like that to me get ignored, and not just on ebay, on any site, I really can't stand it.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Has your computer key ever got stuck and you are not a good proof reader.

Threats, swearing, abusive language turn me off.

Excessive Punctuation imo is harmless.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Me too!!!!!!! (arghhhh. I hate Me tooers and ignore them. Brain meltdown time.)

I tend to think that the problems are self inflicted when I see rants like the OP.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You should think again on that one my friend. Im not a new seller.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Has your computer key ever got stuck and you are not a good proof reader.

Threats, swearing, abusive language turn me off.

Excessive Punctuation imo is harmless.

1)  coulda's post and my response were humor/sarcasm/funny/haha based on a recent national event.  sorry if some missed the reference.

2)  if you read the OP, the excess punctuation is not the result of a stuck key or poor proofreading.  Words.  Words went with the !!!!!??????  Bad words.  Taken in context the excessive use of exclamations indicates aggression on the part of those typing the messages.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Apologies. Misread your post as a buyer rant - not as a seller rant about numpty buyers.

But you still used ???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileytoungue:

("not a new seller" is meaningless - some of the rantiest, misinformed, stubborn, poorly written, completely wrong posts on these boards come from 20 year sellers - even powersellers with 5 and 6 digit feedback)
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Punctuation is a lost art.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Yes I no what U mean I C it all the time it is bad!!!!!!!!!! grin
Message 15 of 16
latest reply