cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this really seems Strange???

Hi,  this is my 2nd atempt at opening a store, seems everytime I open a store I don't sell anything? when I'm just a Reguler seller I sell aleast twice a week, this just me or does this Happen to others here? thanks for any insight.

(you can't see my store because its under a different account name for Privacy reasons.)

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You don't need a store to make money here. My sales are the same since I closed my store last year. I get almost every promotional offer eBay offers right down to the stinky shoes, only floods the site with listings, not sales.  I would never open a store in the dog days of summer. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I was thinking of opening a store, but just not sure. Reading this makes me think that maybe I'm just fine with things the way they are.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I took a special offer from ebay & thought it was a Good ideal, I think I will give it another week, if things don't don't get better I'll opt out, I depend on my ebay for Extra $$$ like most folks here do & its upsetting when you have a ton of watchers & NO Sales. 😞

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hope it pans out for you.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@susansweatersandsewing wrote:

I was thinking of opening a store, but just not sure. Reading this makes me think that maybe I'm just fine with things the way they are.

hope it pans out for you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Here is what i think:

Opening a store:

1. Gives you the chance to end up a  volume seller and opens the door to list a large number of items but do you have enough items to list?

2. Makes your account look more professional and probably increases the trust a buyer feels prior buying. This can lead to a tiny sales increase but is not always true. 

3. Assuming you open a store you have to list at least double items than before else there is no point. Listing more items automatically increases chances for your store to get more attension. On the other hand make sure you have low prices not just listing more and more items with no chance of sale.

4. Does not mean your sales are automatically increased.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I think at one time experienced sellers did not recommend a Store to sellers unless they had at least 50 unique items to list.

This Fee Illustrator may also be useful.

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

While Stores have some advantages, the two greatest being Vacation Mode and in-Store categories, there are also some disadvantages.

You don't really get more Free Listings, since you are paying a monthly 'rent' for the store. So those 'free' listings would be better described as cheaper listings.

And new sellers who are still restricted in the number and value of their listings while they prove themselves, will not get more listings even with a Store. EBay does not explain this well at all.

You will pay the monthly rent even if you have no sales. Even in fact if you have no listings. Even if your sale went pear-shaped and you had to refund.

I like having a Store and have run them even when they did not appear in Search. But they are not for every seller.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Having a store makes no difference in your visibility in search.

That said, having a store makes sense if you have the inventory to list.  Non store sellers get 50 free listings per month. If I were to stick to 50 listings a month I would make $150-$300 in sales monthly on this account. By spending $20/month for a store, I have 250 fixed price listings to use, and I make anywhere from $350-$600+ a month on this account. By spending $20 I double (or more) my sales and profits. I have a practically non-existant COGS so for my particular situation a store makes perfect sense, especially since I have two other non-store accounts and really don't want more.

The more you list, the more you will be seen and the more you will sell. (at least this has been my experience)

Only you can run your numbers and determine if a store will work for you.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

In my history on ebay, I have had 2 stores and each has be up and running for over a year.  Never sold a thing out of the store because it was in the store.

Total waste of money unless you have a lot of items to list and a steady amount of turnover with that merchandise.

You have to do the math for yourself.

(*Bleep*)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

How long have you had it open and how many listings are there?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply