cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thank god - for one sale in one month !

I have 4 accounts...200 listings, on each account...thank you for the one sale ...yippee !...thank you eBay !...an 80 dollar sale !...so I get around 60 bucks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: thank god - for one sale in one month !

@fiftee5chevee wrote:

I have 4 accounts...200 listings, on each account...thank you for the one sale ...yippee !...thank you eBay !...an 80 dollar sale !...so I get around 60 bucks!

eBay doesn't manufacture sales out of thin air - there need to be interested buyers.

Perhaps buyers are simply not interested in your items. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@fiftee5chevee wrote:

eBay does not control what people buy or do not buy.  People buy what they want.  If you are not selling items that appeal to people then they will not buy your items.    So, you cannot blame eBay for your limited sales.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi, i like your work. It is moving. You are obviously gifted and prolific, assuming you have art listed on your other IDs too. That shows real creative merit. 

That said, we are living through some difficult times. I ‘d say it is not a reflection on your talent that you have only one sale recently. Folks are worried about paying the bills and putting food on the table. Discretionary income is non-existent in many households for the first time. I am not at all surprised that artists are feeling the pinch.

So i wouldn't blame eBay for this slump. You seem to have been selling fairly consistently last year. But right now, the traffic coming to eBay may not be inclined to buy art. Those who may might not match your style or price points, and that is no one’s fault. 

One piece of advice—i would use your full name in your titles to help collectors find you. There are a number of Crowell’s out there. Good luck to you and hope things turn around soon.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

January is usually a slow month since people have already spent up all their free money on holiday gifts. I am experiencing a huge slump in terms of sales as well.

You're also selling in an extremely niche category of personal artworks. It's going to be tough to make a lot of sales unless you're a well known artist, as sad that seems.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Some EBay buying experiences may have helped reduce the number of good, honest buyers shopping ebay ?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Perhaps you would do better on other venues where customers are looking for one-on-a-kind " original artwork.   Good luck to you! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply