cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sunrise wholesale

Hello Sellers i hope you enjoy your day,

I ask if anyone here had deal with SUNRISE WHOLESALE MERCHANDISE as a wholesaler for its dropshipping business on ebay ! I found that they have a interessting products and i want to subscribe with their sevices, any advice or suggestions guys ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sunrise wholesale

I think you'll find most sellers who post here agree with me - using a dropshipper usually turns out to be a disaster.

They tell you they have items in stock, but when it comes to ship them, they don't have them.  On eBay, if you don't fill an order, you get a huge defect on your account and you get kicked out of selling after just a couple of those.

They ship very slowly.  Another defect from eBay for late shipping.

They package very poorly, causing you to have to deal with damaged items.  You lose money.

They often send the wrong thing.  Again, you have to deal with the buyer and you lose money.

For any of these problems the buyer can ding your feedback. 

They overcharge you for the product, for the packaging and for the shipping. 

NO legitimate wholesaler charges a subscription fee, not ever.  Ever, Ever. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

sunrise wholesale

Dropshipping is an invitation to be kicked off ebay forever.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

sunrise wholesale

Go ahead and try, just not on eBay for the above mentioned reasons. Open a sunrise shop on spotify.

Again, just not on any site that will penalize you for late shipment or out of stock.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

sunrise wholesale

@myboardid wrote: 

NO legitimate wholesaler charges a subscription fee, not ever.  Ever, Ever. 

In this particular case, on-line sources indicate that this outfit charges $29.95/month or $99/year, so you'd need to clear that much over that time period in addition to your eBay/PayPal fees before even beginning to turn a profit. There's also a 20% restocking fee on returns.

In some Googling around for further info on that company (which you should be doing yourself; no need to take my word for it), I found mediocre ratings for them as well as three colorfully atrocious reviews of them on BestCompany.com here (scroll to the bottom):

https://bestcompany.com/dropship/company/sunrise-wholesale-merchandise

Dropshipping in general here is just a bad idea. You're competing against other representatives of your own company selling the same products with the same photos and the same descriptions, all trying to sell to the same universe of buyers here.

It's not like franchising a restaurant, for example, where you have your own group of potential customers in your town, and the next guy franchising the same restaurant is actually down the road in Shelbyville with his own group of customers. Dropshipping here would be like trying to operate your own McDonald's on a street filled with nothing but other McDonald's. How are you supposed to get ahead like that?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

sunrise wholesale

@alaricdeals wrote:

Hello Sellers i hope you enjoy your day,

I ask if anyone here had deal with SUNRISE WHOLESALE MERCHANDISE as a wholesaler for its dropshipping business on ebay ! I found that they have a interessting products and i want to subscribe with their sevices, any advice or suggestions guys ?

They charge $30.00 a month to use them as a drop shipper. Most legit drop shipping companies won't charge a monthly fee like that. Your margins will be very slim and with the monthly charge, even slimmer. If you don't sell something for that month, guess who makes money? Not you...

Looking at their examples, Gold level cost is just over 50% of what they say is retail (which is usually inflated to make it look like you're getting a deal). I don't know if Gold level is the starting level or what, but the margins are just not there.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply