cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should have a fee just to Look!

I have not been a seller either online or brick & mortar for years now.

maybe a few sales on ebay the last few years, but not much..at the grocery store last week while shopping I run into an old swap meet associate and we chaated a few minutes..and he inforned me that the swap meet we set up at every Sunday upped the setup fee to $18.00 from $15.00 and the fee to park (shoppers fee) to $3.00 from $1.00..can you imagine the extra revenue ebay could pull in just to shop on ebay?..maybe have an ebay membership fee imposed for more corporate proft taking..

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: should have a fee just to Look!

Yep a Cover Charge.....

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

BJ's

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

Ive NEVER been in a Costco.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

I worked in retail for over a decade. And yes you never use the stole or steal. You always use the borrow instead.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

I have a Sam's Club Membership. During the year Sam's Club puts money into my account based on my purchases during the membership year. And every year, when it comes to renewing my membership. I have enough money credited to my account so my renewal fee is zero every year. I havent paid the renewal fee for a Sam's Club Membership for at least 10 years. 

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

I at one time was a member, but that was when I was buying gas on a regular basis, and was also driving in that area. That made it doable. Now, just not for me.

Had an offer not that long ago that was a really great deal until getting into the fine print. It required an automatic membership renewal.

Even when they gave me the "free" card I bought little. Some gas, and they had a microwave noodle soup that I liked. No longer made.   Good price on(and sometimes a coupon) a 48 pack of Duracell batteries that my camera ate for lunch, but I now use rechargables, so no draw with that either.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

LMAO this is a troll post, right? Do stores charge you a fee just to walk in the door? NO! Do you know how much business stores would lose if they did that? Maybe someone doesn't buy anything today, but they see something they sort of like but aren't 100% sold on and then next week they come back in and buy it.

I work B&M retail and I can assure you that if we charged people a fee just to enter the store, our profits would drop like a rock. A large percentage of our purchases are impulse buys that happen because the person wandered in, saw something they liked and bought it.

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Is that like a entrance fee to a museum? Funny. 

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Whoa! Yes, the ebay virtual museum. That might work for the 1 million dollar baseball card collection in the vault. If you cant pay 1 mil for the collection you can gaze at it and drool for 2 bucks.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply