cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short paid item

a buyer shortpaid me on postage. i explained the issue to him and he is willing to pay the additional 11.85.   how can he do that please without opening a dispute. i dont really want to use venmo,. i cant see where i can send another invoice.   

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

short paid item

I've had Best Offers that included a request for free or less expensive shipping.

While I usually would consider that a red flag for a difficult customer, if I am willing, I would counter-offer leaving the shipping in place but reducing his Best Offer by the cost of shipping.

EG

Price is $100/ Shipping is $10= $110

Best Offer is $100 with Free Shipping = $100

My counter-offer is  $90 with $10 shipping= $100.

This has come up twice. The first time the customer was huffy about paying any shipping and refused. The second one understood Grade Three arithmetic and accepted.

And I suppose that the opposite would prevail.

The customer wants a shipping service that is more expensive.

I can add the $10 to my asking price as a counter offer. No?

Just a thought experiment.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

short paid item

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Did you send him an invoice with the combined items and the final discounted shipping total?  

Yes. I gave him a choice between priority or parcel post, with both prices clearly stated. What he paid, wasn’t anywhere near either one of those rates.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

short paid item

@soh.maryl wrote:

Many of us would be interested in knowing how that could happen.

@soh.maryl 

I've heard of several sellers(last few months) on ca sending revised invoices to buyers (with the correct amount) and buyer receiving an invoice showing free shipping as if by magic. So anything is possible. Once the customer has paid there is nothing in place to correct. Like when a shipment is late, the seller refunds and item arrives a day or 3 later. Seller is pretty much out of luck unless buyer is willing to correct using paypal.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

short paid item

Respectfully, I am aware of that info.  Was just wondering how a buyer could "short pay" unless the seller failed to calculate shipping correctly and then (mistakenly) expected the buyer to pay more.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply