cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling privileges revoked

My selling privileges were revoked due to issues previously took place. I tried to talk some sense into customer service personnel but no use. They threw the book at me and I wonder what my options are now. They said the decision was final but I remember something regarding an appeal after 30 days in one of the emails. 

Is there anything I can do to get on board again?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

What was the suspension for? Based on my research you were selling items related to Iraq & Dinars. If Ebay says its final its final.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@drbricksnbundles 

Was the money you were selling legitimate, i.e., legal tender? 

Would you describe what "issues previously took place?"

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

"Actual product and serial numbers will differ."

Plus your shipping time does not match your statement in the description.

You can't have have contradictory policies.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@drbricksnbundles wrote:

I tried to talk some sense into customer service personnel but no use.

I bet that went over great.

Sounds like your days on Ebay are over, find some other place to sell your stuff.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Apparently, I have accumulated enough points thru the years pertaining to day to day disputed with buyers. Suddenly ebay decided that I have a BBE "bad buying experience". Below is the supervisor response,

"I have thoroughly investigated your account detail again. I agree that your performance was improved and next movement your account got restricted. Please realize that your account performance was improved that’s the reason you have received an email. However, we have also sent one other email on 10th July about our new evaluation procedure in which we measure all opened/closed cases/disputes and cancel transactions in last 90 days. In your case cancel transaction ( 7 transactions canceled in last 90 days) service metric was higher than other sellers selling similar items. So, considering the bad buying experience, we have decided to restrict the account permanently.

We understand you might have ended/cancel transactions to sell hot items. However, this also affect the buyers who have put trust on eBay site and sellers for purchasing items.  If buyers have bad buying experience, then they generally do not place order on that particular site. These are the factors which have been taken into consideration while making the decision to restrict the account.

We completely acknowledge that you are using the site as a hobby and not for generating income. However, the restriction is permanent and it cannot be revoked."

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

All was legit. Check out the latest answer below,

"I have thoroughly investigated your account detail again. I agree that your performance was improved and next movement your account got restricted. Please realize that your account performance was improved that’s the reason you have received an email. However, we have also sent one other email on 10th July about our new evaluation procedure in which we measure all opened/closed cases/disputes and cancel transactions in last 90 days. In your case cancel transaction ( 7 transactions canceled in last 90 days) service metric was higher than other sellers selling similar items. So, considering the bad buying experience, we have decided to restrict the account permanently.

We understand you might have ended/cancel transactions to sell hot items. However, this also affect the buyers who have put trust on eBay site and sellers for purchasing items.  If buyers have bad buying experience, then they generally do not place order on that particular site. These are the factors which have been taken into consideration while making the decision to restrict the account.

We completely acknowledge that you are using the site as a hobby and not for generating income. However, the restriction is permanent and it cannot be revoked."

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

What other places I can go to to sell my stuff?

I am contemplating establishing my own website

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@drbricksnbundles 

That would be a good idea.

Wishing you well with your own website.  Sorry for your situation, but permanent is permanent.   

Good luck. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

We use some hobby-specific sites for our stamp sales.

Delcampe Auctions was fairly good, they are very strong in the European Market since they are based in Italy.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Thank you. Would you recommend other places I can take my business to while I do my own website?

Other than delcampe

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

any sites in the US?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

It's against the rules of this forum to recommend other sites to sell.........I suggest you use Google to do some research..............

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@drbricksnbundles 

Best to do a search perhaps on google or another search engine in your country.  As others have posted, we cannot suggest other sites to sell on here on the forum.

Again, Good luck to you!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

The site I mentioned is very different from eBay and not really a competitor to our beloved landlord.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply