cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling fees

i would like to know why i`m being charged 13.3% instead of 13.25% does anybody else notice the changes in there fees let me know thanks

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

selling fees

@xhairdresser wrote:

i would like to know why i`m being charged 13.3% instead of 13.25% does anybody else notice the changes in there fees let me know thanks

Thanks for the heads up.

I was curious (and having been trained as an accountant I am also an avid number cruncher).

I checked my most recent sale. It is indeed overcharging me by 2 cents. Now as another mentioned 2 cents is hardly enough to make an issue over.

BUT if I sell 1000+ items a month and that works out to $20.00 in a month, $240.00 in a year.

So tell me, at what threshold does it become worth noticing?

Then consider the gazillion transactions on eBay in total every day. Even at 1-2 pennies at a time (to quote Tip O’Neill) pretty soon we’re talking some real money.

fees.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

selling fees

You're concerned over five hundredths of one percent? On a $20 sale, the difference is one penny - ONE PENNY! Most of your current items are being listed for less than $10, so the difference is only about 1/2 of one penny. For the $70 item you have listed, the difference you're bringing attention to is only $0. 035 - (three and a half cents)!

I can think of a lot more important things to be concerned with or spend your time on.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

Are you adding the $.30 Transaction fee into your FVFs? They're different things... 🤔

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

This was (sort of) discussed a couple of days ago on this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Fees/td-p/34054907

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

@xhairdresser 

Check the math to see if this is actually happening.

Read another post recently on this where for whatever reason those different %ages are being displayed, but without going back to reread that thread it seems that it was posted that when checking the math 13.25 % is what is actually happening.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

yes i have checked math and added the $.30 and it`s correct they aren`t charging more just curious of what was going on and if any others are having the same issue thanks for getting back to me and that explains everything

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

thank you i see so it`s just not me others are seeing it also

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

yes i am adding the $.30 to each of them and they are all correct seams like others are having the same thing but we are charged just the 13.25%

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

i`m a pinch penny haven`t you heard Ben Franklin a penny saved is a penny earned

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

It sounds like ebay is trying to get a extra 500th of a percent from you.

Those dirty, rotten, scoundrels.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

@xhairdresser wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

I was curious (and having been trained as an accountant I am also an avid number cruncher).

I checked my most recent sale. It is indeed overcharging me by 2 cents. Now as another mentioned 2 cents is hardly enough to make an issue over.

BUT if I sell 1000+ items a month and that works out to $20.00 in a month, $240.00 in a year.

So tell me, at what threshold does it become worth noticing?

Then consider the gazillion transactions on eBay in total every day. Even at 1-2 pennies at a time (to quote Tip O’Neill) pretty soon we’re talking some real money.

fees.jpg

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

@xhairdresser wrote:

yes i have checked math and added the $.30 and it`s correct they aren`t charging more just curious of what was going on and if any others are having the same issue thanks for getting back to me and that explains everything

The 30 cents is a per payment fee.  A flat fee whether you get paid $1 or $5,000.  We had the same fee when PayPal was our money processor.

The FVF Ebay charges on the total amount the buyer pays for most categories is 13.25%.  

If you want to add the 30 cent per transaction fee in with your FVF to divide it and come up with the percentage you are paying in Ebay fees, the percentage will constantly change because it is a flat fee.

On $10 the FVF is $1.33 plus the 30 cent fixed fee.  So 1.63 divided by $10 = 16.3%

On $20 the FVF is $2.65 plus the 30 cent fixed fee.  So $2.95 divided by $20 = 14.75%

It would be a difficult thing to keep track of as the percentage will change with every transaction.  It is far easier to deal with as 13.25% + 30 cent fixed fee.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

well put that`s what i`m talking about the money now isn`t much but down the road it will be and ebay is getting richer and richer off us sellers who are struggling any way

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

@xhairdresser wrote:

well put that`s what i`m talking about the money now isn`t much but down the road it will be and ebay is getting richer and richer off us sellers who are struggling any way

@xhairdresser 

I'm not sure I understand.  We have paid a 30 cent transaction fee since 2002 when we started using PayPal as are money processor.  Now Ebay is our money processor and they charge the 30 cent per transaction fee.

I'm unsure as to why this seems like a new fee to you.  

Have you never noticed it in all these years??

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

selling fees

no i just noticed it the past 3 months and i have noticed it from other people who messaged in that they were having same issue

Message 15 of 28
latest reply