cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller harassing me over auction prices

This is what I received from a

Congratulations.....you are that guy who is way lower and killing the market. Selling 1or 2 I can understand but you sold at least 2 in the 50 range, 1 in the 70 range after I convinced you to raise the price and now relisted another for 70.
Unbelievable 

Is this common?

He was very happy to buy everything for $58 but I said no.

What actions should I do?

I guess he angry I would not sell to him.

Thank You

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Be careful here, it is not allowed to mention eBay ID's. Thanks.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

He was very happy to buy everything for $58 but I said no.

What actions should I do?

I guess he angry I would not sell to him.

It's not the buyers fault you weren't happy with his winning bid. Why not ship the buyer's item? Do the right thing and move on. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Sounds like the situation is where another seller is trying to get you involved in "price fixing".

It is illegal.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

you missed the entire point I was very happy he giving me **bleep** for selling cheaper then everyone? Have no control over auctions.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@zcliff53 wrote:

you missed the entire point

Have no control over auctions.

Perhaps the reason your point about these being auctions was missed because you never told us they were auctions. 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I don't know how common this is but I had a similar situation with a very impatient seller selling the same coins who felt a need to "dictate" my sales practices, when, where and how.. I responded once then ignored them and gave their opinions and intrusions absolutely no weight.

It's none of their business what you sell or for how much, and the tone of the message, in my opinion, reads that the seller arrogantly considers that he has some sort of agreement with you or power over you and that you didn't listen to his instructions! --

Ignore it and them and stay the course.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Because Auctions set the market price, your selling prices are most likely closer to the actual value than his are.

This dude is probably just trying to rip off buyers and you're cutting into his business profits......which is none of his business.

I do auctions too, so this is interesting and thanks for posting. The mentality of some people has to be questioned.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@zcliff53 wrote:

This is what I received from [another seller]

Congratulations.....you are that guy who is way lower and killing the market.

If I see someone selling an item I know well, and they've priced it below what it normally sells for, I don't see that as "killing the market;" I see it as an opportunity to get more stock for future resale. That disgruntled rival of yours doesn't need to try to price-fixing with you; he should just be buying as much as you're selling, and shut up about it. 

I mean, jeez, when I find good items at a low price (and they're not fakes or anything like that), I stock up. I don't go lecturing the seller about how they need to charge more. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@zcliff53 wrote:

Perhaps the reason your point about these being auctions was missed because you never told us they were auctions. 

Yes he did- right in the title of this thread...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@zcliff53 wrote:

This is what I received from [another seller]

Congratulations.....you are that guy who is way lower and killing the market.

If I see someone selling an item I know well, and they've priced it below what it normally sells for, I don't see that as "killing the market;" I see it as an opportunity to get more stock for future resale. That disgruntled rival of yours doesn't need to try to price-fixing with you; he should just be buying as much as you're selling, and shut up about it. 

I mean, jeez, when I find good items at a low price (and they're not fakes or anything like that), I stock up. I don't go lecturing the seller about how they need to charge more. Smiley Happy

I know people who have bought my auction items and then resold them....or at least tried to resell them in some cases. 

It's all par for the course.....

What I find interesting is, does this guy really think any seller in their right mind would even sell anything to him at any price sending rude messages like that...!?

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Hi, every seller is free to set whatever price they want on whatever item they want. That should be the end of the story. But some unhappy souls obviously feel the need to interfere. Thankfully these occurrences are few and far between, but there may be a couple of things you can do to limit their messages.

If you add them to your block list, you might be able to silence them by selecting the setting to eliminate messages from those on your blocked list, found in your Buyer Requirements settings. See link below on how to do this:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

If they turn to profanity or hate speech, or make threats, you can report them to eBay for violating the terms of the policy of contact between members, link below. The report can be made directly from the policy page. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

For garden variety nuisance messages, ignoring such contact usually is the best policy. Sorry this happened to you.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Yup I love those sellers that give stuff away. These sellers will always win the race to the bottom grin

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

@zcliff53 wrote:

Yes he did- right in the title of this thread...

Good point. I re-read the message twice and never went back to the title Smiley Embarassed

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety wrote:

What I find interesting is, does this guy really think any seller in their right mind would even sell anything to him at any price sending rude messages like that...!?

Yeah, all bullies very important people feel that what they say is the only way to do something - or else.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 25
latest reply