cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam buyers

I had a bad experience with 2 buyers who bought a brand new part from me and returned me a completely different part. In short, they returned garbage to me, I contacted eBay and explained what happened, I sent eBay all the evidence that the client was simply stealing from me, I reported it to the client, I followed all the steps according to eBay policies when this happened, For me Surprise, eBay closed the case in favor of the buyer and refunded 100% of the money to the customer and left me with a defect. I contacted eBay again and sent them all the proof again that the client was a scammer and eBay only told me that it would maintain the same decision. in favor of the client because I had not provided evidence to eBay that the client had committed fraud. I came to believe that eBay is making fun of me. I contacted them again the 3rd time and sent all the evidence again but nothing. In short, the clients kept the new part and 100% of the money and from that moment on, eBay disabled my obsession with making a partial refund.
I want to know how to activate the option to make a partial refund again, because I have called eBay and the agents apparently don't know anything about that option.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

scam buyers

It is pretty much a waste of time to call eBay these days. Their regular CS has become abysmal and will tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone, including lying to you or simply hanging up. Need a bit more detail here. 

What were the two items, numbers would be best. Did the buyer simply request a return or did they file a NAD case with eBay or their CC company? How long was it between the time you received the item back and when eBay ruled in favor of the buyer and refunded them? There is a possibility that the bots automatically refunded the buyer when they detected the return delivery.

It appears you accepted the return and possibly offered a full refund upon return of the item. You are a Top Rated Seller and there is a policy regarding your ability to withhold up to 50% of the refund but it is also tied to some specifics regarding your listing. I am searching for that but others may chime in before I can locate it. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

I want to know how to activate the option to make a partial refund again, because I have called eBay and the agents apparently don't know anything about that option.

@innovationtechgroup 

With all due respect, the option is activated. You didn't choose to use it.

Being a seller who offers Free Returns, you had the ability to reduce the amount(s) of the impending full refund(s) to those buyers by up to as much as 50%. Here's the rub... you have to make the deduction as you issue the refund after the item(s) are returned to you.

If you'd done that, you'd not have suffered the ding to your account and you'd be in a bit better place.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

Since you are a top rated seller and offer returns you would have seen the option to give a partial refund when you refunded IF you had refunded before eBay stepped in. Once they step in, that option is not available.

An item is returned after it was used or damaged by the buyer

If you accepted a buyer's return request but the item is returned in a different condition than it was originally sent:

• You can deduct up to 50% from the refund to recover the lost value of the item
    • We'll automatically remove any related negative or neutral feedback
    • If the buyer had requested the return because the item didn't match the listing, we won't count the return in your "Item not as described" rate in service metrics

Make sure you report the buyer  and send the refund within 2 business days after receiving the item back. You can do this from the return request. If eBay steps in to help with the return at any stage, you'll no longer be able to deduct an amount from the buyer's refund.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345&st=3&pos=1&query=Sell...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

No, I do not have the option activated, for this reason I have called eBay, to find out why the option to deduct customers does not appear. When I go to close a return it only allows me to do the full refund.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

@innovationtechgroup wrote:

No, I do not have the option activated, for this reason I have called eBay, to find out why the option to deduct customers does not appear. When I go to close a return it only allows me to do the full refund.

@innovationtechgroup 

Well... I've never heard of ^^^ that. I wish we could see what you saw before you had eBay step in. Bummer...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

EBay may only allow that option to be used so many times. EBay could have disabled that option.

Have you used the refund deduction quite a bit?

Posting ID
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

No, I have only used this option when a customer commits fraud or returns the damaged part.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

I process the returns the same day I receive them, when I received the return and saw that the part that the client sent back was not the same one that I had sent to him. I went to close the return and apply the 50% deduction, but the option to make the 50% deduction did not appear. I contacted eBay to find out why my account did not show me the option to make the deduction, they did not know how to explain to me why I did not have That option was available and they told me that they could help me make the 50% deduction and that was when it all started, the eBay agents did whatever they wanted, and helped the client and not me who was affected one.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

I process the returns the same day I receive them, when I received the return and saw that the part that the client sent back was not the same one that I had sent to him.

I went to close the return and apply the 50% deduction, but the option to make the 50% deduction did not appear. 

qeqo_0_1-1699571106558.jpeg

That's the first part -- if you've ever issued a partial refund, you might not have that option the next time. 

I contacted eBay to find out why my account did not show me the option to make the deduction, they did not know how to explain to me why I did not have That option was available

and they told me that they could help me make the 50% deduction and that was when it all started, the eBay agents did whatever they wanted, and helped the client and not me who was affected one. 

qeqo_0_0-1699570261998.jpeg

That's the second part -- when you contact eBay with a question, the partial refund option is gone.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

Nice job @qeqo_0 ,you laid that out there nicely. Good read. Thanks.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

No, I have only used this option when a customer commits fraud or returns the damaged part.

Well, I guess the only question left is... How many times have you used it? Still trying to figure out why it wasn't there... but it does appear that you may have lost that seller protection, even if unbeknownst to you.

I think that @qeqo_0 may have hit the nail on the head, though. The policy's "losing access" sure sounds permanent, too. And that's too bad because it's one of the last seller protections left. Dang. Upward and onward and all...

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

You should come read here @tele_fission about losing the ability to issue a partial refund on a return.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

scam buyers

Thank you so much!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply