cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund request went through want to fight it

This is related to my first post. So the letter the i sent out on July 3rd (4th and 5th were holidays) and received a refund request for on July 7th went through so i didn’t receive the money for it. I tried contacting the buyer from the start but they never responded even after the refund request i got nothing. I have pictures to prove i sent the letter but i don’t know how to fight this. I’m honestly just more upset i lost what i sold now because there is no way they didn’t receive it yet.  What should i do to fix this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Did you use tracking? It's the only way to protect yourself as a seller.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

How do pictures prove you "sent" something or anything? Tracking and signature confirmation would be actual proof.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

This is your other thread with answers in case you had trouble finding it.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/buyer-request-refund-for-letter/td-p/32039981

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

the letter the i sent out on July 3rd (4th and 5th were holidays) and received a refund request for on July 7th went through so i didn’t receive the money for it.

Can you explain in much greater detail exactly what happened? When you say the refund request "went through", what exactly does that mean? Are you saying that you agreed to the refund? 

I have pictures to prove i sent the letter but i don’t know how to fight this. I

On the other post, you were told that pictures are worthless, and  were told that you need to have dtracking for yoru package and it needed to be given to eBay. Do you have tracking, and did you do this? 

What should i do to fix this?

How you proceeed depends upon what the details of what happened. 

We need to know: 

• The date of the sale, and the date you shipped
  • what service you used to ship
  • whether you had a tracking number fo rhte package
  • whether you uploaded that tracking number to eBay, and if so how and when 
  • whether the tracking shows delivery or not, and if so when
  • did the buyer file a case, or just message you
  • what is the status of the case
  • etc. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You keep calling this a "letter".  Wasn't it a book?

You had 19 bids.  You have now relisted an item which, as far as I can tell, you don't know where it is.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This was apparently a book.  OP had 19 bids on it.  Has apparently relisted it when it seems, from posts here, that he does not know where it is right now.  Would be willing to bet he did not use tracking.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

When buyer opens "did not receive item" only proof EBAY accepts is tracking# (proving that it ARRIVED at destination).   If item is still in transit...you are forced to issue full refund.   EBAY will not help you.

Also wanted to let you know that EBAY Money Back Guarantee supersedes your "no returns" policy.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

they left a review saying they received it but the refund still went through.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

they buyer left a review saying they received the item but the refund was accepted.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Feedback comment doesn't count.

The buyer can't claim it's not received until after the expected delivery date. If there's no tracking number uploaded to show it was delivered then they get a refund. What's hard to understand about that?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I spoke to a help line and the refund was appealed thanks for the help.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply