cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ebay private listing -- buyers' identities protected" does this block feedback ?

I have wondered how a competitor in a niche product has zero feedback on over 50 product sales.  Then I clicked on his feedback for this product and all 50 sales where marked ebay private listing -- buyers' identities protected

So there is no feedback published for any of these 50 sales.  Does that mean buyer's feed back doesn't go into his Feedback calculation ?  or can buyer not submit feeback ? or what ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: "ebay private listing -- buyers' identities protected" does this block feedback ?

@gps-recovery wrote:
 ... Only the buyers comments show.  Thats why I could never find any of 50 sales . . no product title in feedback

Hmm, I thought I said, "The feedback comment shows, but there is no information about the listing (title, price, etc.)."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: "ebay private listing -- buyers' identities protected" does this block feedback ?

The feedback comment shows, but there is no information about the listing (title, price, etc.).

More likely, the 50 sales are very recent and feedback has not yet been left.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

No it doesn't block feedback or make it invisible on his feedback page. Buyers can always leave feedback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The sales have occured over a full year and the item has NO feedback -ZERO - whereas all this seller's other product are not private and the priducts show up in his feedback.  I sell the same product and 80% of sellers leave feedback, so how is this happening ?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So why is there NO FEEDBACK for 50 sales over a full year this product ?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I hear your, but the comments don't show.  There is no feedback.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@gps-recovery wrote:

So why is there NO FEEDBACK for 50 sales over a full year this product ?

Feedback isn't mandatory. No one has to leave it.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@gps-recovery wrote:

I hear your, but the comments don't show.  There is no feedback.

When a comment is left for a Private listing, it showsup like this:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 7.26.53 PM.png

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I just talked to ebay support.   ebay private listing -- buyers' identities protected"  blocks the buyer and it blocks the product description.  Only the buyers comments show.  Thats why I could never find any of 50 sales . . no product title in feedback

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@gps-recovery wrote:
 ... Only the buyers comments show.  Thats why I could never find any of 50 sales . . no product title in feedback

Hmm, I thought I said, "The feedback comment shows, but there is no information about the listing (title, price, etc.)."

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Good Work    Thanks

Message 11 of 11
latest reply