cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your message contains contact information"

...No it doesn't.  And I have no idea what to remove to end the trigger.   I can't send the message to my prospective buyer.  

Nice work, eBay!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: "Your message contains contact information"

@michael_atw

"Message" or "Listing?"

If the former, what message?    A message you sent to someone via eBay's messaging system or a post you made on the forums which are also referred to as by Lithium's software as "messages?"

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@michael_atw wrote:

...No it doesn't.  And I have no idea what to remove to end the trigger.   I can't send the message to my prospective buyer.  

Nice work, eBay!

Don't worry about it. 

Just send the message.

I got that a few months ago for a customer that wanted 4 items. Gave him all 4 ebay links to my listings. A big orange box went around my thing. F it sent it.

Then called eBay. And while on the phone with ebay he bought all 4 items on ebay.

So ebay told me they are hitting hard off site sales now. 

Now my thoughts.  Apparently they can't figure out an ebay link from am off site link. Who knows. 

Guess I'm saying if u not doing anything wrong then don't worry about the message. Cause I own my business, and I don't

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@keithharrierenterprises wrote:

@michael_atw wrote:

Nice work, eBay!

Don't worry about it. 

Just send the message.

I got that a few months ago for a customer that wanted 4 items. Gave him all 4 ebay links to my listings. A big orange box went around my thing. F it sent it.

Then called eBay. And while on the phone with ebay he bought all 4 items on ebay.

Now my thoughts.  Apparently they can't figure out an ebay link from am off site link. Who knows. 

Guess I'm saying if u not doing anything wrong then don't worry about the message. Cause I own my business, and I don't

Glitches come and go...it will all come out in the wash when all facts are up and running as to the to do's and DON'T do's...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@pinkrose442 wrote:

@keithharrierenterprises wrote:

@michael_atw wrote:

Nice work, eBay!

Don't worry about it. 

Just send the message.

Glitches come and go...it will all come out in the wash when all facts are up and running as to the to do's and DON'T do's...

4 months later they r srill there. The percent sign on this forum does a similar thing. 

I'm so glad i just invested in a CNC milling machine and a CNC lathe to start my own manufactiring company. Unless people here have tjat kind of money or knowledge in the next 12 months when ready to push my own stuff, I just cut competition down by 1 mil percent

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Just send the message.

Umm

OP said:  I can't send the message

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

As stupid as it is, the word payment/pay will trigger that message.  Look for any text in the mesage that eBay might consider to be indicative of off-site activity.

Buyers and sellers who are involved in a transaction can pull each other's contact info (phone/address). http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

We should all take 2 mins out of our day, get down on both knees, and praise ebay the Almighty for seeing to it that it's just not the intelligence agencies that can listen in and monitor communications!!  Boy!!  I'm sleeping better already tonight, just knowing that!!!

ebay wouldn't recognize a fraud or policy violation in an email between seller/buyer if it jumped out and bit them on the asp!!  MULTIPLE TIMES!!  Blanket policy, being applied with no thought what-so-ever.  Many, many, MANY more good buyers and sellers getting caught up in it.  Blind to ebay.

As a seller, I would much more trust my instincts about a suspect buyer, more than willing to risk losing a sale because of them, rather than allow the meddling nincompoops to decide that for me!  

UNTIE ME, YOU FOOLS!!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Sometimes you don't even have to tug lightly:

Shipping preferences
Offer the Global Shipping Program No Edit
Offer combined payments and shipping No Edit
Offer flat shipping No
Offer calculated shipping No
Offer promotional shipping discounts No

Offer carrier-specific discounts to buyers No Edit

Use shipping rate tables No Edit

Exclude shipping locations from your listings No Edit
Require phone number for shipping Yes

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

Just send the message.

Umm

OP said:  I can't send the message

I thought it was just me...

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I have one message that blocks me without even typing any reply.

ebay's software sees the buyer's ID as an email address and demands I remove it.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Not an orange warning.  It's a red one.   It won't send the message.  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

That's rich. 
I've never had this issue and with the new update, I am hoping this isn't going to happen more. 
This is ridiculous.  

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

How are you doing it?  Are you trying to reply to a message sent to you?  Try clicking on their feedback and then try contacting that way.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I always refund my customers overages of the shipping charge. Never had a problem and always emailed customer to tell them of the refund and that it's in their paypal. Now I have to put PP instead of paypal crazyness. The only time I say paypal is after the transaction and packaging and label is printed.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply